Home Forums Television Super Early 2022 Predictions: Emmy Movie/Limited Categories

Super Early 2022 Predictions: Emmy Movie/Limited Categories

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 5 posts - 496 through 500 (of 500 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
kat_ebbs
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Do you guys think we’re headed towards additional slots in the lead and supporting categories? With the amount of limited series in contention and the amount of returning anthologies that will be forced to compete here due to the academy’s new rules (American Horror StoryAmerican Horror StoriesLittle AmericaModern LoveThe Premise etc), I think there are going to be a lot of submissions here.

FYC:
    Picture: Passing, The Power of the Dog, Shiva Baby, Spencer
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall, Pablo Larrain
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Andrew Garfield, Winston Duke/James McAvoy
    Actress: Olivia Colman, Kristen Stewart, Tessa Thompson
    S. Actor: Richard E. Grant, Troy Kotsur, Kodi Smit-McPhee
    S. Actress : Kirsten Dunst/Martha Plimpton/Ruth Negga/Diana Rigg/Anya Taylor-Joy
    O. Screenplay: Bergman Island/Mass/Nine Days
    A. Screenplay: The Lost Daughter/Passing/The Power of the Dog/Shiva Baby

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

I hope so. Reducing the lead slots to 5, is possibly one of the dumbest and ridiculous decisions the Academy has made.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Do you guys think we’re headed towards additional slots in the lead and supporting categories? With the amount of limited series in contention and the amount of returning anthologies that will be forced to compete here due to the academy’s new rules (American Horror Story, American Horror Stories, Little America, Modern Love, The Premise etc), I think there are going to be a lot of submissions here.

Yes. If it gets too competitive, it will actually discourage certain types of actors (particularly those who are on a level of awards track in either movies or TV) from wanting to do these projects. Both Netflix and HBO are likely to have more new limited series than continuing dramas this year.

That doesn’t really benefit anyone for the sake of a few arbitrary spots

Profile picture
    Benjamonster86
    Topics:

Apologies if this has already been posted but Scenes from a Marriage premieres Sep 12 per TV Line…

My blog: http://benjamonsterstv.blogspot.com/

My site: https://peaktvdatabase.weebly.com/

Profile picture
    lolo's
    Topics:

Do you guys think we’re headed towards additional slots in the lead and supporting categories? With the amount of limited series in contention and the amount of returning anthologies that will be forced to compete here due to the academy’s new rules (American Horror Story, American Horror Stories, Little America, Modern Love, The Premise etc), I think there are going to be a lot of submissions here.

Unless they start submitting many performers, I doubt it. This year’s submissions were quite far from the threshold and there were also some anthologies (Solos, Room 104, Small Axe…)

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 5 posts - 496 through 500 (of 500 total)

The topic ‘Super Early 2022 Predictions: Emmy Movie/Limited Categories’ is closed to new replies.