Home Forums Television Super Early 2023 Emmy Predictions (Part 1)

Super Early 2023 Emmy Predictions (Part 1)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 522 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
replies
views
users
kat_ebbs
wolfali
probablyROB

• kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Likely not a huge contender but trailer for the new Taylor Sheridan starring Sylvester Stallone just dropped

I really want to see if Paramount/Paramount+ and/or Sheridan make some inroads at the 2022 Emmys before I discount their 2023 programming.

antony
    Topics:

kat_ebbs
    Topics:

That’s a lot more Tessa than I thought

Perhaps she’s their push this year?

Victor
    Topics:

HBO is really dumping Westworld lol, the trailer dropping just one week before it’s premiere.

Emmy winner Matthew Macfadyen!!

Jays
    Topics:

HBO is really dumping Westworld lol, the trailer dropping just one week before it’s premiere.

No one cares about that show anymore lol. I feel like there’s no way it gets renewed.

wolfali
    Topics:

I love Tessa but at this point unless this season is somehow really good (which looking at season 3 of Westworld and Nolan and Joy’s Hugh Jackman movie doesn’t exactly inspire with confidence) I even question if Newton will get back in. This is looking to be a really competitive year and not only will the show be airing a full year before Emmy voting but with the landscape so inundated with prestige-y sci-fi/fantasy shows, I’d be surprised if Westworld is even the 5th most hyped genre series eligible when voting opens next June.

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

kat_ebbs
    Topics:

There are people who care (although how much they still like it is debatable), but I don’t know if the cost vs reward on Westworld is sustainable much longer, especially when they have both House of The Dragon and The Last of Us in that heavy VFX category.

Plus both Evan and Thandiwe seem to have a lot going on personally, among other things.

However, there’s probably a  decent degree of crossover between Westworld and House of The Dragon/GoT fans, so it’s a decent pre-cursor before that drops.

kat_ebbs
    Topics:

I love Tessa but at this point unless this season is somehow really good (which looking at season 3 of Westworld and Nolan and Joy’s Hugh Jackman movie doesn’t exactly inspire with confidence) I even question if Newton will get back in. This is looking to be a really competitive year and not only will the show be airing a full year before Emmy voting but with the landscape so inundated with prestige-y sci-fi/fantasy shows, I’d be surprised if Westworld is even the 5th most hyped genre series eligible when voting opens next June.

I feel like if this season were really good they wouldn’t be dumping it.

FYC JSC
    Topics:

Now that HBO Max renewed Hacks, here’s my super early 2023 prediction: Kaitlin Olson and Christopher McDonald being major contenders for season 3.

Their characters were mostly sidelined this year because of the plot but the writers left two potential storylines brewing with DJ trying to get pregnant and looking up her family history and Marty and Deb’s past being revealed.

FYC:
    J. Smith-Cameron · "Succession"
    Elaine May · "The Good Fight"
    Christopher McDonald · "Hacks"

Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

It’s a shame that Breeders is little known, because Martin Freeman’s performance is great as ever.

Reis
    Topics:

Snow
    Topics:

Has anybody seen The Old Man? Is Jeff Bridges any good? What are the odds for him?

forwardswill
    Topics:

Something I’m really hoping for with next season is some proper LGBTQ+ representation. It’s so depressing looking through my series predictions and seeing no shows with a lead that represents me (Hacks probably comes closest?). We’ve seen a lot of progress over the last few years but so far this seems to have mainly culminated in creators throwing in more (almost random) queer characters amongst their supporting cast. It would be nice if there was a difference next year.

kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Something I’m really hoping for with next season is some proper LGBTQ+ representation. It’s so depressing looking through my series predictions and seeing no shows with a lead that represents me (Hacks probably comes closest?). We’ve seen a lot of progress over the last few years but so far this seems to have mainly culminated in creators throwing in more (almost random) queer characters amongst their supporting cast. It would be nice if there was a difference next year.

Do you have anything specific on your radar you’d like to see happen?

forwardswill
    Topics:

Do you have anything specific on your radar you’d like to see happen?

I mean I’d love The Other Two to punch the mainstream like Schitt’s Creek did. But otherwise I’m eager for new content that isn’t about being gay but the lead still is.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 522 total)

The topic ‘Super Early 2023 Emmy Predictions (Part 1)’ is closed to new replies.