Home Forums Television Super Early 2023 Emmy Predictions (Part 1)

Super Early 2023 Emmy Predictions (Part 1)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 522 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
kat_ebbs
wolfali
probablyROB
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Rose Byrne is delivering the performance of a lifetime week after week on this season of Physical. It’s a shame she’ll get ignored next year because not many people are watching.

Profile picture
    samy.chrr
    Topics:
    Ryan
    Topics:

The Collider review for Only Murders is a C but Metacritic lists it as a 50…? According to their website that’s how they calculate it but doesn’t that seem like it’s wildly underestimating a mixed-okay review?

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

Any standouts from the first reviews? (Supporting standouts or which lead shines the most?)

~Not much active now due to a higher studies course
    ~still love watching films and television shows
    ~Everything Everywhere All At Once in all categories.
    ~Currently watching Abbott Elementary

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Only Murders debuts with a 75 MC Score

https://www.metacritic.com/tv/only-murders-in-the-building/season-2

FYC:

All things Succession, Severance, Ted Lasso, The Great and The White Lotus! Also, Colin Firth and Janelle James while you're at it.

Profile picture
    orangestraw
    Topics:

We obviously have to see what the reviews are like but has anyone else noticed there’s been a lot of press pre-hype behind Loot? I guess you could say that’s the same with every Apple show with a name as prolific as Rudolph in the lead but I don’t even think I saw this much coverage for stuff like Severance and Ted Lasso before their releases. They seem to be really out there promoting it.

I feel like I’ve seen lots about it, but that’s because I follow Maya, MJ and Joel Kim Booster on Instagram, and guess other people who are in the circles that would tweet about this. I’m not sure I can think of coverage I’ve seen outside of this, bar the usual AV Club/THR “this month in TV” roundups.

FYC: "What We Do in the Shadows" and "Severance" in everything, Natasha Rothwell ("Insecure"), Sophie Thatcher ("Yellowjackets"), Renee Elise Goldsberry ("Girls5eva"), James Caverly, ("Only Murders in the Building")

Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

The Collider review for Only Murders is a C but Metacritic lists it as a 50…? According to their website that’s how they calculate it but doesn’t that seem like it’s wildly underestimating a mixed-okay review?

C being 50 surely makes perfect sense? Both commonly mean average/middle of the road/not actively good or bad.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

For me I tend to use:

A+ – 100
    A – 90
    A-/B+ – 80
    B – 70
    B- – 60
    C – 50
    D – 40/30
    E – 20
    U – 0

Profile picture
    Ryan
    Topics:

I guess I’m just associating it with the scoring systems at the universities (Canada) I studied at where C was 55-59 at one and 63-66 at the other.

Profile picture
    mporter455
    Topics:

Wonder how The Boys will fare next year in its follow up to its Emmy nom’d second season? I think it might be forgotten by next summer, even tho I think it’s really good so far.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I think whether The Boys gets back in is dependant on how well it does at the winter awards (which in itself will probably be dependant on whether House of the Dragon and The Lord of the Rings join The Mandalorian as “groundbreaking” genre series in the prestigious fray or join The Wheel of Time as commercial hits that are critical flops and awards non-factors). I think the buzz thus far feels solid enough for it to realistically retain its WGA spot and get a few secondary guild nods at the very least.

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Yeah this season of The Boys has the worst release date ever which is annoying.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Yeah this season of The Boys has the worst release date ever which is annoying.

You say this but they’re starting to shoot season 4 soon so unless they’re facing any production delays, it will probably come out around this time next year which could serve handy when it comes to reminding voters the show exists.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

The Boys should be sweeping
    I hope it gets a WGA nod.

FYC:

All things Succession, Severance, Ted Lasso, The Great and The White Lotus! Also, Colin Firth and Janelle James while you're at it.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Loot reviews are out:

Collider – 80
    Time
    The Sydney Morning Herald – 60

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 522 total)

The topic ‘Super Early 2023 Emmy Predictions (Part 1)’ is closed to new replies.