Home Forums Television Super Early 2023 Emmy Predictions (Part 1)

Super Early 2023 Emmy Predictions (Part 1)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 522 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
kat_ebbs
wolfali
probablyROB
  • Profile picture
    Skyler Lindquist
    Topics:

Joel Stoffer nomination next year?

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

This was only at 10k likes and 80k views not even a day ago, 297k likes and 5.1m views now.

Profile picture
    Onion
    Topics:
    antony
    Topics:

Profile picture
    Reis
    Topics:

We’re coming after you. All your clients. Every single one we worked to make happy while you swept in at the last minute to take credit. We’re taking them. And then you know what you’ll have? A very nice suite of offices.

iconic

Profile picture
    alittle03
    Topics:

I know everyone on this site is in the middle of a million and one shows (I know I am, especially with nominations coming up), but if anyone has time for one show, please make it The Bear. I just finished it about an hour ago since my mutuals have been raving about it and it really is *that* good. It’s my favorite first season watch this year. Literally everything to the performances, direction, writing, editing, costumes, production design, etc etc etc; it’s brilliant. Episode 2, 7, and 8 specifically have the best direction and narrative tension I’ve seen all year. The whole cast is at the very top of their games, but Jeremy Allen White, Ayo Edebiri, and Ebon Moss-Bachrach are especially phenomenal. I watched this throughout the week since I was busy, but this can absolutely be finished in one sitting and in one day, time-wise. My only criticism is that I wish the episodes were longer because it was such a fantastic watch. For those who watched and liked Mare of Easttown and remember how a lot of the appeal revolved around how the characters, setting, and world-building felt so realistic, natural, and that of a real community: this show is just like that and has that same atmosphere if you’re looking for such a well-crafted lived-in approach to the story. I’m hoping this show can be remembered by next year’s Emmys because it’s certainly deserving of it and it’s even made a home in some of my early personal awards. Please check it out when you’re able.

• FYC: Everything Everywhere All at Once in any and every single category, especially Best Picture, Michelle Yeoh in Actress, Stephanie Hsu in Supporting Actress, The Daniels in Director/Screenplay, Paul Rogers in Editing, and Son Lux in Score.

Profile picture
    probablyROB
    Topics:

2022-2023 season is coming in hot to start this new cycle. Gotta another new show I strongly recommend.

If anyone is like me and adored American Vandal (both seasons would have been my comedy series winners if they were eligible), the same guys have a show on Paramount+ called Players. It’s about E-gamers. It uses a similar docuseries style. But these guys are fucking incredible storytellers. They are profound, poignant, and great at making dick and fart jokes while do it.

Only two episodes in but man these guys are on to something about a topic I don’t give a shit about at all. I am not a gamer at all. Never played League of Legends once. I don’t think it detracts from understanding and appreciating the story because it’s very much about the characters.

It will be close to impossible for it to find an audience in voting circles outside of WGA and maybe DGA but that doesn’t mean it is undeserving. Check it out.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I know everyone on this site is in the middle of a million and one shows (I know I am, especially with nominations coming up), but if anyone has time for one show, please make it The Bear. I just finished it about an hour ago since my mutuals have been raving about it and it really is *that* good. It’s my favorite first season watch this year. Literally everything to the performances, direction, writing, editing, costumes, production design, etc etc etc; it’s brilliant. Episode 2, 7, and 8 specifically have the best direction and narrative tension I’ve seen all year. The whole cast is at the very top of their games, but Jeremy Allen White, Ayo Edebiri, and Ebon Moss-Bachrach are especially phenomenal. I watched this throughout the week since I was busy, but this can absolutely be finished in one sitting and in one day, time-wise. My only criticism is that I wish the episodes were longer because it was such a fantastic watch. For those who watched and liked Mare of Easttown and remember how a lot of the appeal revolved around how the characters, setting, and world-building felt so realistic, natural, and that of a real community: this show is just like that and has that same atmosphere if you’re looking for such a well-crafted lived-in approach to the story. I’m hoping this show can be remembered by next year’s Emmys because it’s certainly deserving of it and it’s even made a home in some of my early personal awards. Please check it out when you’re able.

Thanks for the suggestion, i was already going to check it out and now I’m more excited to do so.

FYC:

All things Succession, Severance, Ted Lasso, The Great and The White Lotus! Also, Colin Firth and Janelle James while you're at it.

Profile picture
    alittle03
    Topics:

Thanks for the suggestion, i was already going to check it out and now I’m .are excited to do so.

Enjoy darling! I look forward to your thoughts, you won’t be disappointed!

• FYC: Everything Everywhere All at Once in any and every single category, especially Best Picture, Michelle Yeoh in Actress, Stephanie Hsu in Supporting Actress, The Daniels in Director/Screenplay, Paul Rogers in Editing, and Son Lux in Score.

Profile picture
    Reis
    Topics:

Really surprise with The Bear conversation. Didn’t watched the show yet but since the reviews came out it is surprising with a growing buzz. In the last few days I saw a lot of virals on Twitter. A very noticible run for a show that was released in the first days of this Emmy Season.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Really surprise with The Bear conversation. Didn’t watched the show yet but since the reviews came out it is surprising with a growing buzz. In the last few days I saw a lot of virals on Twitter. A very noticible run for a show that was released in the first days of this Emmy Season.

It’s actually nice to see such quality shows this early. I know some providers will dump stuff that doesn’t work here but having genuinely strong shows in June is terrific.

Profile picture
    Reis
    Topics:

It’s actually nice to see such quality shows this early. I know some providers will dump stuff that doesn’t work here but having genuinely strong shows in June is terrific.

having flashbacks…

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

June releases have had a pretty good track record recently… and only about half are HBO.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Irma Vep is not doing well on viewership and it probably won’t get anything but Alicia Vikander is delivering a hell of a performance.

FYC:

All things Succession, Severance, Ted Lasso, The Great and The White Lotus! Also, Colin Firth and Janelle James while you're at it.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Speaking of excellent shows from the first month of 2023 eligibility I guess I wanted to recommend Chloe (which I think is on Amazon Prime in the US?) on here. I apologise if I’ve done so already and forgotten. It’s obviously not getting nominated for anything but when I thought I’d still recommend it nonetheless in case people were looking for a short and bingeable series. It came on over here in February and I thought it was a rather compelling modern psycho-thriller with really focused character driven writing that didn’t have the clichés and self-indulgences that the genre’s been plagued by recently and Erin Doherty gives a better performance than all but two of the limited/movie actress contenders from the 2021-22 Emmy cycles imo.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 522 total)

The topic ‘Super Early 2023 Emmy Predictions (Part 1)’ is closed to new replies.