Home Forums Television Super Early 2023 Emmy Predictions (Part 1)

Super Early 2023 Emmy Predictions (Part 1)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 522 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
kat_ebbs
wolfali
probablyROB
  • Profile picture
    probablyROB
    Topics:

Nah, I brought it up because a few people strongly disagreed with my sentiment that Abbott is a lot more like Parks and Rec than the other auteur showrun shows that killed it at the Emmys in the past.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Nah, I brought it up because a few people strongly disagreed with my sentiment that Abbott is a lot more like Parks and Rec than the other auteur showrun shows that killed it at the Emmys in the past.

I agree (not to dismiss Quinta’s talent, but it’s definitely working within the confines of network TV, which is it’s own challenge)

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Anyone have any idea on what’s happening with The White House Plumbers? I’ve always presumed it would go concurrent with House of The Dragon but I’ve heard nothing and HBO just nope’d out of TCA. All of their other limited series have aired or been dated.

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

Interesting that Abbott is going there. It could just be me but it feels like it’s been ages since a network sitcom of that profile had a Comic Con panel.

The fan base for the show is much younger than 90% of other network sitcoms, in fact it’s probably the only one most people under 35 even watch.

FYC: The Bear (Ayo Edebiri) Industry (Marisa Abela) OMITB (Jayne Houdyshell) Physical (Rose Byrne) WWDITS (Natasia Demetriou)

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Anyone have any idea on what’s happening with The White House Plumbers? I’ve always presumed it would go concurrent with House of The Dragon but I’ve heard nothing and HBO just nope’d out of TCA. All of their other limited series have aired or been dated.

I wonder if they’ll hold it for the Spring considering they’re already got The White Lotus and Love and Death coming this year and with how short The White House Plumbers (and how prestigious its subject matter) is it’s probably a show that would do better by being released close to voting than being released in the middle of the winter.

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

I wonder if they’ll hold it for the Spring considering they’re already got The White Lotus and Love and Death coming this year and with how short The White House Plumbers (and how prestigious its subject matter) is it’s probably a show that would do better by being released close to voting than being released in the middle of the winter.

I wonder what else they can run concurrently? Do they have anything scheduled for that spot? Chernobyl benefitted hugely from going concurrent with S8.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Do they have anything scheduled for that spot?  

The Last of Us

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

The Last of Us

No, I mean at the same time as House of The Dragon – do they have a limited s series scheduled? Am I forgetting something?

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Will season three happen as just a BBC production?

Gentleman Jack cancelled by HBO – BBC “in discussions” about future

Profile picture
    ejaru1810
    Topics:

do they have a limited s series scheduled? Am I forgetting something?

The White House Plumbers, it’s supposed to come out this year. Also, Love & Death

And the Parasite tv series, which I don’t know yet if it’s in production or not.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

No, I mean at the same time as House of The Dragon – do they have a limited s series scheduled? Am I forgetting something?

Oh my bad!

They don’t seem to have anything else scheduled to run on the same day as it linearly. They’ve got a new Nathan Fielder comedy that wraps 2 days before House of the Dragon premieres and the second season of Industry airing the day after HoTD but nothing else.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

They don’t seem to have anything else scheduled to run on the same day as it linearly. They’ve got a new Nathan Fielder comedy that wraps 2 days before House of the Dragon premieres and the second season of Industry airing the day after HoTD but nothing else.

I guess that’s good for Industry?

You’d think they would have scheduled stuff to take advantage of that.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Rose Byrne in this week’s episode of Physical:

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Evil also added to Comic Con schedule.

Profile picture
    alittle03
    Topics:

Adam Scott (and apparently Alison Brie, as per her comment) is a fan of The Bear.

• FYC: Everything Everywhere All at Once in any and every single category, especially Best Picture, Michelle Yeoh in Actress, Stephanie Hsu in Supporting Actress, The Daniels in Director/Screenplay, Paul Rogers in Editing, and Son Lux in Score.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 522 total)

The topic ‘Super Early 2023 Emmy Predictions (Part 1)’ is closed to new replies.