Home Forums Television Super Early 2023 Emmy Predictions (Part 3)

Super Early 2023 Emmy Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 500 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
kat_ebbs
Victor
  • Profile picture
    Aziz Sliti
    Topics:

Smith could be Supporting.

From the trailers and interviews seems like the most interesting character and he definitely has the background and the material to work with .

I think they’ll submit him in lead while Considine and Rhys Ifans in supporting.

Profile picture
    Aziz Sliti
    Topics:

Well this sounds good

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Smith could be Supporting.

This would fit what they did with GoT, but they’ve changed tactic from Thrones days where they were quite strategic on the number of cast they’d submit. These days I suspect they might move some people up to lead to allow for more submissions.

Profile picture
    Brayfers
    Topics:

Five Days at Memorial is amazing so far. It’s so well executed.

I do think Cherry Jones is as equal a lead as Vera Farmiga however. They would have to fraud Jones into supporting, (and to be honest, so far I’d even say Farmiga should be supporting while Jones is lead)

I’d say it could be competitive for noms in:

• Limited Series: <i>Five Days at Memorial</i>
    • Limited Writing: John Ridley – Five Days at Memorial
    • Limited Directing: John Ridley – “Day One”
    • Limited Directing: Carlton Cues p- “Day Two”
    • Limited Lead Actress: Cherry Jones
    • Limited Lead Actress: Vera Farmiga
    • Limited Supporting Actor: Cornelius Smith Jr.

• Limited Casting
    • Limited Cinematography
    • Contemporary Hairstyling
    • Contemporary Makeup (Non-Prosthetic)
    • Limited Single-Camera Picture Editing
    • Narrative Production Design (One Hour or More)
    • Limited Sound Editing
    • Limited Sound Mixing

Letterboxd: Brayfers

!! EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE ALL AT ONCE - OUT NOW !!

FYC:
    - Severance
    - Euphoria
    - Stranger Things
    - Hacks
    - Abbott Elementary

Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

House of the Dragon started with 71 on Metacritic: https://www.metacritic.com/tv/house-of-the-dragon

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

House of the Dragon started with 71 on Metacritic: https://www.metacritic.com/tv/house-of-the-dragon

68 now..

Profile picture
    AMG
    Topics:

Me when it goes from green to amber on Metacritic…

Img

(In reality, I’ll watch the show and wouldn’t be mad if it was decent…I just can’t stomach another decade of boring, and unwarranted, Emmy sweeps for this universe)

Check out more of my thoughts on Twitter (@AMG_Review) and Instagram (amg_reviews)

Profile picture
    Aziz Sliti
    Topics:

For me it’s funny how the negative review are hyping me more than the good once . I see them complaining about similar names , lots of dragons , lots of people with white hair (Targaryens) , lots of violence an politics , all of which most of us were expecting and looking forward to see .

Profile picture
    syrax
    Topics:

Exactly… and don´t forget about the slow burn plot, lots of incest, complex grey characters.. Also, there is no Tyrion makin´jokes all the time…. These reviewers were expecting season 7 and 8 of GOT…..

Profile picture
    Sir Shaw
    Topics:

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

For me it’s funny how the negative review are hyping me more than the good once . I see them complaining about similar names , lots of dragons , lots of people with white hair (Targaryens) , lots of violence an politics , all of which most of us were expecting and looking forward to see .

I suppose it’s a comment on the broad appeal, but I wish some of the top critics wouldn’t prognosticate on whether an expensive series will be popular or not – they are critics and not media analysts. They’re quite happy to give something esoteric 40,000 people will watch an 85 that loses money for a network. Whether this is good or not is different from whether it has mass appeal.

Profile picture
    mporter455
    Topics:

Loved Tatiana Maslany in She-Hulk ep 1. Wonder if she gets in next year. Seems like the kinda thing the Globes might go for? She would need a lot of momentum to get in at the Emmy’s.

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

If it were a 2021-type slate I’d definitely consider Maslany because praise for her is unanimously rising above the messy discourse surrounding the rest of the show, but I think the ballot will be too competitive for her to make it in, especially if Isaac couldn’t make it in this year.

FYC: The Bear (Ayo Edebiri) Industry (Marisa Abela) OMITB (Jayne Houdyshell) Physical (Rose Byrne) WWDITS (Natasia Demetriou)

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

I think Aubrey Plaza is going to be just as big as Coolidge at the winter awards, if not bigger. She obviously doesn’t have the history Coolidge does, but she feels similar to her in that people always root for her and it’s seemed for a while like she was one good role away from being showered with awards (and those who have seen Black Bear and Ingrid Knows West know that it should’ve happened already).

FYC: The Bear (Ayo Edebiri) Industry (Marisa Abela) OMITB (Jayne Houdyshell) Physical (Rose Byrne) WWDITS (Natasia Demetriou)

Profile picture
    mporter455
    Topics:

If it were a 2021-type slate I’d definitely consider Maslany because praise for her is unanimously rising above the messy discourse surrounding the rest of the show, but I think the ballot will be too competitive for her to make it in, especially if Isaac couldn’t make it in this year.

I think that was a function of a more traditional, baity performance, also from Isaac being on the ballot aswell.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 500 total)

The topic ‘Super Early 2023 Emmy Predictions (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.