Home Forums Television Super Early 2023 Emmy Predictions (Part 3)

Super Early 2023 Emmy Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 500 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
kat_ebbs
Victor
  • Profile picture
    String Cheese Theory
    Topics:

Van is such a great character, I thought Liv Hewson was excellent (even if her recovery was a little unconvincing … just like how no one’s roots or hair is growing out and the boys remain clean shaven and no one has lost weight … and how Misty so easily destroyed the usually indestructible black box…).

Bill Hader and Barry in everything (2 babka)
    The Great - Elle Fanning, Nicholas Hoult and comedy writing and directing

Severance in drama series, writing, Adam Scott for best actor, Ben Stiller for drama directing, and the whole cast in supporting.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The Morning Show has been confirmed to start shooting at the end of the month.

Season 1 and 2 had October to May shoots so if they’re following a similar time frame this one will probably have an August to March/April shoot.

Curb Your Enthusiasm is also starting up production at the end of the year and the new Bob Odenkirk AMC dramedy Straight Man is shooting from September until December.

https://www.spoilertv.com/2015/06/various-shows-production-dates.html

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

Profile picture
    Aziz Sliti
    Topics:

Yellowjackets Season 2: Lauren Ambrose will play the adult version of Van, the 1990s-set teenage character played by Liv Hewson. As part of Thursday’s announcement, the premium cable network also revealed that Hewson has been promoted to series regular. https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/yellowjackets-season-two-lauren-ambrose-van-1235197144/

Just realized how much I miss six feet under .

Profile picture
    Sir Shaw
    Topics:

Yellowjackets Season 2: Lauren Ambrose will play the adult version of Van, the 1990s-set teenage character played by Liv Hewson. As part of Thursday’s announcement, the premium cable network also revealed that Hewson has been promoted to series regular. https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/yellowjackets-season-two-lauren-ambrose-van-1235197144/

Emmy nominee Lauren Ambrose

Its about damn time.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Emmy nominee Lauren Ambrose Its about damn time.

She’s already a two time nominee for Six Feet Under.

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

Profile picture
    Carlo
    Topics:

So great in Servant too!

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Good Luck To You Leo Grande appears to have successfully appealed its placement in Emmys and will move to the Oscar race. https://www.indiewire.com/2022/08/streaming-only-hulu-movie-oscar-1234751047/

Profile picture
    Paola Andrade
    Topics:

What’s this I hear? Everyone is about to catch up with For all mankind and realize it’s Emmy worthyness, create a huge amount of buzz around it and sustain it throughout the year so that it finally gets nominated? Well, thanks guys.

Profile picture
    sarahvsmovies
    Topics:

Very anecdotal but my 70+ year-old parents started The Bear after I mentioned it and they have been texting me reactions all week and are recommending it to their friends. These people only watch re-runs of M*A*S*H, Hillstreet Blues and Cheers. A hit!

Profile picture
    sarahvsmovies
    Topics:

Good Luck To You Leo Grande appears to have successfully appealed its placement in Emmys and will move to the Oscar race. https://www.indiewire.com/2022/08/streaming-only-hulu-movie-oscar-1234751047/

I’m rooting for and hopedicting Emma for a nom but the Oscars just ignoring their own rules is silly. Makes room for Prey in TV movie though so a win.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Westworld s4 is amazing, truly a rebound for that awful s3, in my perfect world it would get noms across the board (Aaron Paul specifically is really strong).
    Shame it will be forgotten by this time next year, oh well.

Emmy winner Matthew Macfadyen!!

Profile picture
    Sab227
    Topics:

Westworld s4 is amazing, truly a rebound for that awful s3, in my perfect world it would get noms across the board (Aaron Paul specifically is really strong).
    Shame it will be forgotten by this time next year, oh well.

I could not agree more this new seaosn is such a return to form and it’s the best season they have had in my opinion. I would love for it to get across the board nominations. I highly doubt that will happen as long as Thandiwe Newton gets nominated and maybe can win another I’ll be happy, she finally has amazing material after the lackluster third season.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Makes room for Prey in TV movie though so a win.

I probably need to investigate further but how the hell did Prey end up as streaming-only film? It has better users scores and reviews than most cinematic genre releases this year.

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

I probably need to investigate further but how the hell did Prey end up as streaming-only film? It has better users scores and reviews than most cinematic genre releases this year.

I believe it was greenlit immediately after The Predator was in 2018, prior to the finalisation of Disney’s accusation of Fox, as opposed to the other Fox films already in production prior to the initial plans to sell the company (e.g, West Side Story starting production in 2017).

Given how tainted the franchise has been with the last few years (in terms of quality) and how they’ve been a runaway blockbuster in terms in box office (the aforementioned 2018’s The Predator made $160m ww on a $88m budget) and Fox’s underperformance in 2019, I don’t think Disney want to risk another big budget that wasn’t worth it in the long run.

Disney M.O. since then was been pumping their streaming service(s) at the cost of all of their non-contractual theatrical films outside of Marvel. The Fox/HBO exclusive first look deal likely played as well, the worst thing than having a theatrical flop would be if it flopped but ended up blowing up your own competitors streaming service.

TLDR: tainted brand, no contractual agreement and a bigger risk to put in theatres, needed original Hulu content and didn’t want to prop up competition (HBO Max).

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Westworld s4 is amazing, truly a rebound for that awful s3, in my perfect world it would get noms across the board (Aaron Paul specifically is really strong). Shame it will be forgotten by this time next year, oh well.

Visual representation: there is probably just too much genre in this quarter (awards and non awards) that’s going to eyeball suck from it I think. It’s being outpaced by pre-releases at this point. The best chance is people catching up when House of The Dragon is on I guess. That’s without even considering that if I’m not mistaken the season (series? no renewal yet?) finale and Better Call Saul’s finale are going head to head.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 500 total)

The topic ‘Super Early 2023 Emmy Predictions (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.