Home Forums Television Super Early 2023 Emmy Predictions (Part 3)

Super Early 2023 Emmy Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 500 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
kat_ebbs
Victor
  • Profile picture
    davii
    Topics:

The Crown cast possible nominees:

Imelda Stauton

Jonathan Pryce

Dominic West

Elizabeth Debicki

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

The Crown cast possible nominees: Imelda Stauton Jonathan Pryce Dominic West Elizabeth Debicki

Lesley Manville says hi.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The Crown cast possible nominees: Imelda Stauton Jonathan Pryce Dominic West Elizabeth Debicki

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Leslie Manville says hi.

All of the above

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I’m curious to see if Selena Gomez manages to get nominated this time round. I’m behind by quite a few episodes on this season of Only Murders in the Building but I feel like I’ve heard a lot more people talking about her performance this time round even if they might not even be about the show itself. She seems to have amassed some goodwill in between the seasons.

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

It’s almost certainly because if they do, they’ll get their stuff ratio’d and downvoted (even more in to) oblivion (which ultimately means they probably get less viewers any how). There’s a really intense army of people downvoting and review bombing things very aggressively this last month or two if there is even any sense of “politics” – largely related to The Rings of Power fandom who are very toxic.

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

I’m curious to see if Selena Gomez manages to get nominated this time round.

I wasn’t Gomez’s biggest fan in the first season. I wouldn’t have checked her off on an unlimited ballot, but I would this time around. “Flipping the Pieces” was a great showcase for her.

FYC: The Bear (Ayo Edebiri) Industry (Marisa Abela) OMITB (Jayne Houdyshell) Physical (Rose Byrne) WWDITS (Natasia Demetriou)

Profile picture
    CoolSonic
    Topics:

I wasn’t Gomez’s biggest fan in the first season. I wouldn’t have checked her off on an unlimited ballot, but I would this time around. “Flipping the Pieces” was a great showcase for her.

If she were to be hopefully nominated for the second season, I can totally see “Flipping the Pieces” being her submission episode. But if Smart, Brunson, Fanning, and Brosnahan are nom again next year, that leaves 1 or 2 spots (depending on amount of submissions). Could just see both Dead to Me ladies taking the slots though.

Oscars FYC:

Everything Everywhere All At Once in all eligible categories.

Profile picture
    TVFan365
    Topics:

Does anyone know what category HBO and Nathan Fielder’s The Rehearsal is eligible for? Is it Variety Sketch Series? If so, I know SNL has only lost that category twice (to Inside Amy Schumer and Key and Peele) but I think if it’s up against The Rehearsal, it’s probably going to be one of those years where SNL doesn’t win the category, because The Rehearsal is the best TV show of the year.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Does anyone know what category HBO and Nathan Fielder’s The Rehearsal is eligible for? Is it Variety Sketch Series?

I think so. Sketch actors can compete in the comedy categories but I think the series would need to go to sketch.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

There’s nothing stopping them from submitting in comedy series but HBO will probably submit it in variety sketch like they did with the Tracey Ullman Show.

It will be interesting to see how well it does if they do submit it in the variety categories. Especially if the academy tries to merge both categories as they’re being rumoured to be planning with Full Frontal, Desus and Mero and Conan all being ineligible. The Rehearsal’s buzz feels really raw.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Have to say I am genuinely surprised HBO didn’t look to program something alongside House of The Dragon – I suspect The Idol is close and maybe does the back half or debuts after, but they had great success doing that with Chernobyl and Barry with the final season of Thrones. I really thought they’d program a limited series here.

Also, assuming they’ve embargoed House of The Dragon til release and will not get full season reviews straight away? I know they did have a premiere but by all reports who attended was a bit self-selected.

Profile picture
    AMG
    Topics:

Very early into the season but I already have so many shows and performances to fill a ballot…

Actors listed are who’d I’d currently vote for from each show.

DRAMA
    The Bear (Ayo Edebiri)
    For All Mankind (Shantel VanSanten, Joel Kinnaman, Jodi Balfour, Krys Marshall, Coral Peña, Wrenn Schmidt, Nate Corddry, Edi Gathegi, Casey W Johnson, Meghan Leathers, Sonya Walger, Piotr Adamczyk, Robert Bailey Jr)

COMEDY
    A League of Their Own (Abbi Jacobson, Chanté Adams, D’Arcy Carden, Gbemisola Ikumelo)
    Loot (Maya Rudolph, Michaela Jaé Rodriguez, Joel Kim Booster, Nat Faxon, Kym Whitley, Adam Scott)
    Only Murders In The Building (Selena Gomez, Steve Martin, Martin Short, Tina Fey, Jayne Houdyshell, Jane Lynch, Shirley MacLaine, Da’Vine Joy Randolph, Amy Ryan, James Caverly, Nathan Lane)
    Trying (Esther Smith, Rafe Spall, Siân Brooke, Darren Boyd)
    Uncoupled (Neil Patrick Harris, Marcia Gay Harden, André De Shields, Peter Porte)

LIMITED
    Black Bird (Taron Egerton, Sepideh Moafi, Paul Walter Hauser, Greg Kinnear, Ray Liotta)
    Everything I Know About Love (Emma Appleton, Jill Halfpenny, Bel Powley)
    Five Days at Memorial (Vera Farmiga, Cherry Jones)
    Surface (Gugu Mbatha-Raw, Marianne Jean-Baptiste, Ari Graynor, Oliver Jackson-Cohen, Stephan James)
    This Is Going To Hurt (Ben Whishaw, Michele Austin, Ambika Mod, Harriet Walter, Alex Jennings)

Check out more of my thoughts on Twitter (@AMG_Review) and Instagram (amg_reviews)

Profile picture
    AmnistY21
    Topics:

LIMITED Black Bird (Taron Egerton, Sepideh Moafi, Paul Walter Hauser, Greg Kinnear, Ray Liotta) Everything I Know About Love (Emma Appleton, Jill Halfpenny, Bel Powley) Five Days at Memorial (Vera Farmiga, Cherry Jones) Surface (Gugu Mbatha-Raw, Marianne Jean-Baptiste, Ari Graynor, Oliver Jackson-Cohen, Stephan James) This Is Going To Hurt (Ben Whishaw, Michele Austin, Ambika Mod, Harriet Walter, Alex Jennings)

I binged both Black Bird and This Is Going To Hurt this weekend. Just fantastic television all around 👏

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 500 total)

The topic ‘Super Early 2023 Emmy Predictions (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.