Home Forums Television Super Early 2023 Emmy Predictions (Part 3)

Super Early 2023 Emmy Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 500 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
kat_ebbs
Victor
  • Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

House of the Dragon should be helped by being the only HBO show to manage a million live viewers. HBO is still tops in awards marketing and their only show this decade to get 1 mil+ the majority of the time is Mare, winner of many awards.

Theyr’e so 100% in on awards, industry focused marketing for this prequel too. Their promo is so serious and controlled it’s actively boring and I’m a GoT fan who usually loves this stuff. For the love of god send someone to do a talk show or do/release some silly junkets.

Profile picture
    jjjmoss
    Topics:

matt smith feels like the one americans would plausibly have name recognition with.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

matt smith feels like the one americans would plausibly have name recognition with.

Matt’s also the only person in the cast who has been nominated for an Emmy prior.

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

Olivia Cooke will absolutely be recognizable to voters as well after Sound of Metal and Ready Player One.

Sonoya Mizuno’s name alone might not ring any bells, but people will definitely be able to place her from Crazy Rich Asians and Ex Machina.

FYC: The Bear (Ayo Edebiri) Industry (Marisa Abela) OMITB (Jayne Houdyshell) Physical (Rose Byrne) WWDITS (Natasia Demetriou)

Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

Theyr’e so 100% in on awards, industry focused marketing for this prequel too. Their promo is so serious and controlled it’s actively boring and I’m a GoT fan who usually loves this stuff. For the love of god send someone to do a talk show or do/release some silly junkets.

I mean they literally released an app where you can hatch your own dragon..

Profile picture
    Aziz Sliti
    Topics:

I wonder if HOTD and The Last Of Us  turn out to be a huge success and awards worthy with Westworld, the Idol abd Perry Mason . Maybe HBO will put Succession to sleep this season .

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

I mean they literally released an app where you can hatch your own dragon..

Maybe I am old because………..meh. I am not the target market for that perhaps.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Notable due to the very atypical release schedule for Netflix

Profile picture
    Brayfers
    Topics:

Taron Egerton attended the Oscar Isaac School of Sex Appeal and I need him to grab a slot in next year’s Actor line up because …. wow

Letterboxd: Brayfers

!! EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE ALL AT ONCE - OUT NOW !!

give Michelle Yeoh, Ke Huy Quan, & Stephanie Hsu their Oscars now !!

FYC:
    - Severance
    - Euphoria
    - Stranger Things
    - Hacks
    - Abbott Elementary
    - House of the Dragon

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

Do we think Mr. and Mrs. Smith will make eligibility?

FYC: The Bear (Ayo Edebiri) Industry (Marisa Abela) OMITB (Jayne Houdyshell) Physical (Rose Byrne) WWDITS (Natasia Demetriou)

Profile picture
    ejaru1810
    Topics:

I wonder if HOTD and The Last Of Us turn out to be a huge success and awards worthy with Westworld, the Idol abd Perry Mason . Maybe HBO will put Succession to sleep this season .

If HBO wants to win another Drama Series Emmy, they’ll release Succession. Any other contender gives The Crown the edge. I do believe The Last of Us could surprise while Dragon gets a lot of craft support, but Succession remains their strongest show, especially if they win this year.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Do we think Mr. and Mrs. Smith will make eligibility?

It’s an interesting one because I can imagine Amazon wanting to pair it with Maisel and get it out on time due to the overall buzz each of the performers (especially the three supporting players) attached to it seem to have right now but it also feels a lot like a show they’d hold off for the Summer considering they seem much more interested in having these commercial blockbustery series on their platform at this point.

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

Profile picture
    xandyeugh
    Topics:

I do hope AppleTV+ campaign for 5 Days At Memorial because it’s so fucking good! Each episode is as intriguing as the one before it and only for half an hour? The editing and the writing is spectacular. Can’t wait for the next episodes.

Cherry Jones is a standout already and hoping for more heart-wrenching scenes from Vera Farmiga and Robert Pine.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Tatiana Maslany is getting unanimous praise from the She-Hulk reactions (but what else is new, this woman is talented af)

Emmy winner Matthew Macfadyen!!

Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

Tatiana Maslany is getting unanimous praise from the She-Hulk reactions (but what else is new, this woman is talented af)

Yeah, even people who didn’t like the show praised her performance.

In other news, I know it’s 11 months to go, but I’ve already decided that I’m going to root for the amazing final season of Better Call Saul at the 2023 Emmys. I loved it.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 500 total)

The topic ‘Super Early 2023 Emmy Predictions (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.