Home Forums Television Super Early 2023 Emmy Predictions (Part 4)

Super Early 2023 Emmy Predictions (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 534 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
kat_ebbs

• Victor
    Topics:

🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦 🤢🤢🤢🤢🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

Let’s stop with these shows, please. This isn’t fictional, it’s real, it happened and the families of the victims are still out there.

I know it’s unpopular, because this forum loves those, but…

Tweeting this was a choice.svg” class=”emoji”

Emmy winner Matthew Macfadyen!!

Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.

Victor
    Topics:

Anyways, Netflix TUDUM event is today
    Maybe a teaser for The Crown?

Aziz Sliti
    Topics:

Anyways, Netflix TUDUM event is today Maybe a teaser for The Crown?

Hopefully , and a 1899 release date .

wolfali
    Topics:

Just with regards to the Handmaid‘s discussion, it’s interesting how this time last year there were so many shows returning from long Covid related hiatuses that were quite buzzless that now have returned with much more chatter after a shorter break. And likewise so many shows that had tonnes of buzz when they aired at similar points in time are now lacking in buzz after having their own (Covid unrelated) hiatuses in production.

I guess it’s a futile point when it comes to how these shows will ultimately perform but I suppose I find it fascinating because at the end of last year after shows that were tipped to have promising runs as future top contenders like The Great, Insecure and What We Do in the Shadows essentially came and went in buzz we were wondering whether that was due to the pandemic or due to no one outside of their most devoted fans caring about them anymore. But seeing how things have played out this season I wonder  if in general it’s just really hard in the current television climate to retain or build momentum when there’s been such a long break in between your seasons. For All Mankind and Never Have I Ever are obviously not Emmy contending shows but I found it quite striking how much I heard about the latter this season (which I have only seen one episode of) whilst I head nothing about its second season last year which I binged. And likewise with the former there felt like a tonne of buzz for its second season whilst I’ve felt like no one outside of the critics who championed it the most in the first place and its most devoted fans have even been talking about this season. Likewise What We Do in the Shadows felt pretty buzzless when season 3 was airing but as someone who hasn’t seen the season yet I feel like the the online chatter I’ve seen for season 4 almost really harks back to the breakout buzz season 2 had. Conversely I had not seen any of the episodes of The Handmaid’s Tale season 4 until after it finished airing in the US but the buzz it had from the offset felt rather overwhelming. Whilst this time round even after seeing two of the three episodes that have made it out to air I feel like I’ve only seen people really talking about it here more than anywhere else.

It’s obviously not a uniform trend (Atlanta is airing its final season after airing its third only 4 months earlier, Barry and Succession retained and even grew buzz after they returned from their hiatuses) but I’m curious to see both for the rest of the year and in the Spring whether shows like Dead to MeRamy and The Mandalorian (all three of which are returning after 2/2 and a half years off air) end up really suffering in overall buzz from not being able to adjust to this television climate after taking so much time off air and whether shows like Yellowjackets end up doing actually quite well in maintaining overall chatter due to their breaks being comparatively much shorter.

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

kat_ebbs
    Topics:

The Crown 9 November

antony
    Topics:

Victor
    Topics:

Debicki is coming

Also, now that this thread is closing can we please get separate threads for Drama, Comedy and Limited? Thank you.

wolfali
    Topics:

So I’m guessing Debicki is currently filming flashbacks for season 6 then? I wonder if she’ll be guest eligible in 2024.

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

Jojo1
    Topics:

So Diana is gonna die in S5 ?

Victor
    Topics:

Wednesday teaser

23/11

I’m waiting for Dead to Me Netflix

Victor
    Topics:

DEAD TO MEEEEEEE

methaddiction
    Topics:

Haven’t even watched You but this is a REAL man..

Aziz Sliti
    Topics:

November will be a hell of a month !

kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Dates from Tudum

Note: Zero show renewals at all. Very Netflix

The Watcher Oct 13

The Crown November 9

1899 November 17

Dead to Me November 17

Wednesday November 23

The Recruit Dec 16 2022

Emily in Paris Dec 21

The Witcher Blood Origin Dec 25 2022

You Feb 2023

The Witcher Summer 2023

Queen Charlotte undated 2023

Shadow and Bone undated 2023

Bridgerton undated 2023

Three Body Problem undated 2023

Lupin “coming soon”

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 534 total)

The topic ‘Super Early 2023 Emmy Predictions (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.