TCA 2022

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 290 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
1 week ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
ejaru1810
Manav
  • Profile picture
    Emmyfan
    Topics:

INDIVIDUAL ACHIEVEMENT IN COMEDY
    Pamela Adlon, “Better Things” – FX

Quinta Brunson, “Abbott Elementary” – ABC

Bridget Everett, “Somebody Somewhere” – HBO

Bill Hader, “Barry” – HBO

Janelle James, “Abbott Elementary” – ABC

Steve Martin, “Only Murders in the Building” – Hulu

Jean Smart, “Hacks” – HBO Max (2021 Winner in Category)

Jason Sudeikis – “Ted Lasso” – Apple TV+

I am rooting for either Quinta or Janelle from Abbott Elementary.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Kay
    Topics:

Jeremy Strong being the Succession acting representation again is just pure laziness.

Jeremy Strong is quite literally the best performer on Succession and I’m glad the industry agrees.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Topics:

Jeremy Strong is quite literally the best performer on Succession and I’m glad the industry agrees.

Yes. The rest of the cast is not even close to his level.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ScreamingFirehawk22
    Topics:

Jjj, not at all. Drama, IMO was stronger than comedy this past season. What about Winning Time: Rise of the Lakers Dynasty? Strange New Worlds? The Hugo Award 5 time nominee The Expanse? There’s 3 shows right there. SG is enjoying a charmed awards existence right now. But it’s succeeding at the expense of better shows and a deeper bench of acting firepower on their rosters.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    erosmassacre
    Topics:

Gutted that Station Eleven couldn’t pull off an upset POTY nom here given that it won’t get much else this season, but I love the mentions for Mandy Moore, Yellowjackets, Maid, Abbott Elementary, and Midnight Mass. Still wish that this group wouldn’t pander to the most obvious shows all the time, but they still can come up with a few inspired nominations and it’s certainly an improvement over last year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Jeremy Strong is quite literally the best performer on Succession and I’m glad the industry agrees.

He quite literally isn’t and I’m glad he won’t be repeating. 👏🏼

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Melvinezq
    Topics:

TEN nominees in individual drama achievement?!?!?!?!?!?

Still, no room for anyone other than actors.

Anyways, I know they’re trying so hard to fill Individual Achievement in Drama category. This season is not the strongest in terms of performances in dramatic TV, especially amongst the contenders. At least the comedy side is much more exciting although some of the best TV this season, like The Other Two, The Great and What We Do in the Shadows are completely snubbed.

"The Lost Daughter" in every eligible category - Film
    "Succession" Season 3 in every eligible category - TV
    "Heaux Tales" by Jasmine Sullivan in every eligible category - Music

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    keybored
    Topics:

Still, no room for anyone other than actors. Anyways, I know they’re trying so hard to fill Individual Achievement in Drama category. This season is not the strongest in terms of performances in dramatic TV, especially amongst the contenders. At least the comedy side is much more exciting although some of the best TV this season, like The Other Two, The Great and What We Do in the Shadows are completely snubbed.

it’s five actors and five actresses or are you refering to something else cause I am confused

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

He quite literally isn’t and I’m glad he won’t be repeating. 👏🏼

The way he isn’t half the performer someone like Cox is. Seeing their history, the industry picking the wrong co-star isn’t anything new either..

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    mafro987
    Topics:

This must be the blandest set of drama individual nominations in a while. Never thought I’d say this but I think I’m rooting for Moore or Seehorn. I think the latter can overcome the vote split – as Russell did for the final season of The Americans. Lee is a threat though.

FYC: Station Eleven in all categories

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

it’s five actors and five actresses or are you refering to something else cause I am confused

Individual Achievement is also a place where theoretically Writers, Directors, etc could happen, but time and time again they showed they only cared for Actors.
    That’s why i think Quinta Brunson is a near lock in the Comedy category, she is the writer and producer along being a lead, that helped Michaela Coel last year.

FYC:

All things Succession, Severance, Ted Lasso, The Great and The White Lotus! Also, Colin Firth and Janelle James while you're at it.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

Personal Picks

Program of the Year
    Abbott Elementary

Achievement in Drama Series
    Pachinko

Achievement in Comedy Series
    Only Murders in the Building

Achievement in Limited Series
    Station Eleven

New Program
    Yellowjackets

Individual Achievement in Drama
    Margaret Qualley, Maid

Individual Achievement in Comedy
    Bill Hader, Barry

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    probablyROB
    Topics:

Individual Achievement is also a place where theoretically Writers, Directors, etc could happen, but time and time again they showed they only cared for Actors.
    That’s why i think Quinta Brunson is a near lock in the Comedy category, she is the writer and producer along being a lead, that helped Michaela Coel last year.

That would also apply to Bill Hader.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

This must be the blandest set of drama individual nominations in a while.

The Michael Keaton disrespect-

I do agree though that it is quite an underwhelming lineup. There are some very good performances here but they all feel like someone’s predictions rather than a list of inspired performances (the 10 slots aside some of these nominees honestly felt like name-checks). Comparatively the comedy one is much stronger. I obviously have my preferences (I would have nominated Lancashire, Cuoco, Lyonne, Novak amongst others over some fo these nominees) but it’s a really diverse lineup and not only do Adlon and Everett’s inclusions feel inspired but so do those who give performances with incumbent Emmy noms/wins.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Atypical
    Topics:

The way he isn’t half the performer someone like Cox is. Seeing their history, the industry picking the wrong co-star isn’t anything new either..

Thank you. The blatant disrespect for Brian Cox here was absurd.

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 290 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.