Home Forums Television Television Guild Predictions 2022

Television Guild Predictions 2022

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 532 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
6 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Manav
JV
  • Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

I love Succession, but filling all five DGA slots is just too much. We also had other great TV dramas in 2021.

Profile picture
    Luca Giliberti
    Topics:

Honestly, ignoring Liz Garbus’ work in “The Wilderness” while filling the category with one show — even if it’s a brilliant one — is just frustrating. Yes, if those were the five best directed episodes of the year in their eyes, I get that, but at the same time, really?

Profile picture
    almanzarlamarcarlile
    Topics:

The drama lineup here is the greatest nominee roster at any award show ever. This is what SAG should have done. My one complaint is that Cathy Yan was robbed for her flawless work on “The Disruption.” Hopefully the emmys can make up for her snub here.

Everything Everywhere All At Once & Renaissance sweep truther

Profile picture
    Reis
    Topics:

I am complaining about Succession getting all the nominations but I will celebrate when The Last of Us do the same next year.

Profile picture
    Owl-Always-watching
    Topics:

Time for them to do a limit on how many episodes a show can be nominated for. Sorry succession is great but they should of gotten three at most. There are some great dramas out there.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Just noticing Beard After Hours nominated and I’m happy all over again, i won

Emmy winner Matthew Macfadyen!!

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

For anyone wondering: Yeah, this is the first time a show gets all the slots (ever since they expanded it to five)

The closest one was The Sopranos, which got four nominations in 1999

Mad Men, Game of Thrones, Six Feet Under, ER (3x) and NYPD Blue got three nominations at some point

Profile picture
    angel88401
    Topics:

Lmao any guess on which Succession episode takes it? (my first thought is the finale for obvious reasons but I personally love Lorene Scafaria for Too Much Birthday)

A really cool nomination would have been for the Yellowjackets pilot but I’m assuming that show needed a little more time to pick up momentum (assuming it was eligible)

Also, since Squid Game was ineligible here, are people assuming the big directing episode nom for the Emmys would be for Gganbu? (frankly, I think Gganbu is their best bet for any category nomination in general. I’ve been seeing the VIPS episode get the craft noms but not really a fan of that episode in general)

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

My predictions

Drama Series: “All the Bells Say”, dir. by Mark Mylod

Comedy Series: “Mysterious Monkeys”, dir. by Mike White

Limited Series: Craig Zobel – Mare of Easttown

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Lmao any guess on which Succession episode takes it? (my first thought is the finale for obvious reasons but I personally love Lorene Scafaria for Too Much Birthday)

Too Much Birthday is easily the most baity direction wise (along with The Disruption which was left out for some reason). But who knows, maybe they just go with the finale.

Emmy winner Matthew Macfadyen!!

Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

They were afraid vote-splitting might give it to other shows so they just said 5/5 😭

Profile picture
    gabspss
    Topics:

Also, since Squid Game was ineligible here, are people assuming the big directing episode nom for the Emmys would be for Gganbu? (frankly, I think Gganbu is their best bet for any category nomination in general. I’ve been seeing the VIPS episode get the craft noms but not really a fan of that episode in general)

Squid Game was elegible as far as I know, they just don’t like foreign shows — Fleabag, Schitt’s Creek, The Crown all have been snubbed in the past after winning the Emmys per example.

It's about the chaotic editing in Moulin Rouge!

Profile picture
    Natalegend
    Topics:

I hate when one or two shows completely dominate a category, no matter how great it is. Like there are other shows. It was not a weak year either. It may not have been the absolute most competitive year but there was still a lot of great work from a bunch of drama shows. Squid Games, The Handmaid’s Take, Pose, For All Mankind, Yellowjackets in addition to Succession. Like please branch out.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Squid Game was elegible as far as I know, they just don’t like foreign shows — Fleabag, Schitt’s Creek, The Crown all have been snubbed in the past after winning the Emmys per example.

Like the Writers Guilds, the Directors Guild of America limits eligibility to directors who are members of the guild. This too, is not an unfamiliar phenomenon when it comes to television.

Often with series that originate or film entirely outside of the U.S., the directors employed may or may not be DGA members, but also might not be operating as a DGA signatory, which would render them ineligible for competition at the DGA Awards. That’s why Netflix’s “The Crown” has never been nominated for a DGA Award and what will also keep “Squid Game” from competition.

Further, initial investigation suggests that Dong-hyuk is not a DGA member, making “Squid Game” super-duper-double-ineligible. (This is not a thing.) Sources within Netflix have indeed confirmed to IndieWire that the series will not be in competition with regard to the Directors Guild Awards or the Writers Guild Awards

‘Squid Game’ Will Be a Player at the Winter TV Awards

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I’m surprised no one has mentioned Only Murders in the Building‘s DGA shut out.

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 532 total)

The topic ‘Television Guild Predictions 2022’ is closed to new replies.