Home Forums Television The Handmaid’s Tale (Season 4)

The Handmaid’s Tale (Season 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 405 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
4 days ago
replies
views
users
Luca
wolfali
methaddiction
  • Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

It feels like this show has been off the air for 10 years

The last episode dropped August 19, 2019. To that into perspective the #1 song on the Hot 100 was Old Town Road (in it’s final week) and the #1 film at the box office was Good Boys. Taylor Swift’s released three albums since in-between seasons.

Oscars FYC:

"CODA" – in all categories

"Everybody's Talking About Jamie" – Sup. Actor (Richard E. Grant), Sup. Actress (Sarah Lancashire) and Original Song (“This Was Me”)

"King Richard" – Original Song (“Be Alive”)

"Summer of Soul" – Picture, Film Editing and Documentary Feature

“The Green Knight” – in all categories

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Stranger Among Us
    Topics:
    ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

We love to see it, don’t we? The Legend Tale returning to make a dent at the Emmys.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Riley Chow
    Topics:

Since Rob is posting about it on social media, I guess that it is fair game that we have screeners for seven of the ten episodes and have the writers, directors and titles of all ten.  Review and feature coverage is embargoed until further notice.  I will say that Mike Barker has left the show.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Melvinezq
    Topics:

Since Rob is posting about it on social media, I guess that it is fair game that we have screeners for seven of the ten episodes and have the writers, directors and titles of all ten. Review and feature coverage is embargoed until further notice. I will say that Mike Barker has left the show.

Riley!!!! We’re listening, okay. Good luck to you guys absorbing the whole series!

"The Lost Daughter" in every eligible category - Film
    "Succession" Season 3 in every eligible category - TV
    "Heaux Tales" by Jasmine Sullivan in every eligible category - Music

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

I am very curious to see if any actress will be eligible as a Guest instead of Supporting this year, considering that there are only 10 episodes this season.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Mike Barker has not “left the show.” He was scheduled to work on another one, but then COVID-19 hit and it didn’t happen. Meanwhile, Handmaid’s had already booked its directors for S4.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Yeah I agree Allan. I wonder in particular if Yvonne Strahovski and Joseph Fiennes might go guest. If I recall correctly they weren’t featured in the first teaser of this season last year because they hadn’t shot a single scene featuring them yet.

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "FLEE" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

The first teaser from last year featured footage from the first two weeks of filming… Yvonne had not begun filming yet, so it makes sense that she wasn’t included.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The first teaser from last year featured footage from the first two weeks of filming… Yvonne had not begun filming yet, so it makes sense that she wasn’t included.

That’s what I meant. Completely baseless but with both Strahovski and Fiennes’ having only started shooting after the pandemic (whilst pretty much everyone else already had), I wonder if they might miss an episode here or there. Their arc might be pretty contained after what happened in the finale of season 3 so. I wonder if they might miss a few episodes that are almost entirely focused on Moss and be on the bubble for guest eligibility.

Oscars FYC:
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

I don’t understand how 2 weeks of filming would make that much of a difference. They also weren’t just shooting 1 episode; they were doing, I believe, two or three eps at once, with Yvonne scheduled to film the day after they were forced to shut down production.

I do think it is way too presumptuous. For them to go guest, they’d have to be in four out of 10 eps, and I doubt that happens. There have been set photos, which would indicate a big storyline.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Yeah like I said it was more that I was speculating as to whether they would go guest or not rather than suggesting they were with certainty, guest eligible.

On a separate note, whilst I am sceptical about how well the show will do with supporting actress, I think they’re going to crush the guest actress field regardless of which main cast members are eligible. Both McKenna Grace and Zawe Ashton do seem to be playing characters who potentially could have nomination worthy material (especially the former) and then you’ve got Clea DuVall. I feel quite optimistic.

One thing I really do wish for is this show gets back into cinematography (and if it’s worthy again, original score). This show is probably the most ambitious with its technical crafts on television and it would be a shame if it missed out in either of the categories again.

Oscars FYC:

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

seven of the ten episodes

Don’t they usually send less episodes? This probably means they feel confident in the quality of the season and are hoping for a better reception than s3.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Fingers crossed!

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 405 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.