Home Forums Television TV Year End Lists – 2022

TV Year End Lists – 2022

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 384 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
replies
views
users
adriandecker770
wolfali
Victor

• adriandecker770
    Topics:

The 13 Best TV Shows of 2022

Femestella’s Best 13 TV Shows of 2022 (sorted by network/streamer, unranked)

Netflix

Heartstopper
    Never Have I Ever
    Selling Sunset
    Manifest

Honourable Mention: Archive 81

Hulu

Only Murders in the Building
    The Bear

Apple TV+

Severance

Cable

Resident Alien
    Breeders
    Derry Girls
    Single Drunk Female
    Abbott Elementary

Honourable Mention: Big Sky

ReplyCopy URL

FNLlove
    Topics:

https://www.femestella.com/the-13-best-tv-shows-of-2022/embed/#?secret=q9YZiEN71u#?secret=PYv8sXFLgG Femestella’s Best 13 TV Shows of 2022 (sorted by network/streamer, unranked) Netflix Heartstopper Never Have I Ever Selling Sunset Manifest Honourable Mention: Archive 81 Hulu Only Murders in the Building The Bear Apple TV+ Severance Cable Resident Alien Breeders 911 Derry Girls Single Drunk Female Abbott Elementary Honourable Mention: Big Sky

Normal list and then…Selling Sunset?

ReplyCopy URL

FNLlove
    Topics:

If I’m not mistaken this is our first metacritic recognised top 10 list of the season!

I’m sorry but I just don’t think any list that doesn’t include Severance is complete. Some great shows here, though!

ReplyCopy URL

adriandecker770
    Topics:

Normal list and then…Selling Sunset?

From what I’ve heard 911 and Manifest are also pretty bizarre choices in that they just aren’t up to the level of quality that the other shows are, so I feel like they made an effort to include some “junk food” TV. I often see a kind of “yeah it’s not very good but I had fun watching it!” mentality on some lists. At least the rest of the selections are good. (If you’re a big fan of 911 and Manifest feel free to sell me on them, I honestly don’t know a thing about them)

ReplyCopy URL

Victor
    Topics:

From what I’ve heard 911 and Manifest are also pretty bizarre choices in that they just aren’t up to the level of quality that the other shows are

Manifest yes but 911 no, 911 was actually quite acclaimed when it debuted, and it’s a show with great performances and also writing.
    If we were on the 2000s this show would be nominated every year at the Emmys.

Please! These gays, they're trying to murder me!

ReplyCopy URL

Sir Shaw
    Topics:

Angela Bassett, Aisha Hinds, Kenneth Choi, Jennifer Love Hewitt and Gina Torres are exceptional in 9-1-1. Victor is 100% right about them being Emmy winners in the 2000s (especially under the tape system). The VFX are also outstanding for a show on a broadcast network budget.

I’m surprised by the Big Sky mention though, it’s a guilty pleasure/hate watch show in the worst ways.

ReplyCopy URL

wolfali
    Topics:

Movieweb:

1. House of the Dragon
    2. The Rings of Power
    3. Shantaram
    4. The Offer
    5. The Bear
    6. 1898
    7. As We See It
    8. The Rehearsal
    9. Slow Horses
    10. All of Us Are Dead

FYC: Better Call Saul, The English and The Good Fight in all categories including Emily Blunt, Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

ReplyCopy URL

adriandecker770
    Topics:

Updated aggregate:

1. Severance (5.5 points)
    2. House of the Dragon (5 points)
    3. The Gilded Age (3.5 points)
    4. Station Eleven and The Rehearsal (3 points)
    6. The Bear (2.5 points)
    7. Ozark, The White Lotus, The Empress, This is Going to Hurt, The Rings of Power, The Offer, and Slow Horses (2 points)
    14. Heartstopper, Better Call Saul, Atlanta, and Julia (1.5 points)

ReplyCopy URL

kat_ebbs
    Topics:

I actually really am OK with stuff like Manifest and 9-1-1 sometimes. I’ve been trying to reflect on what’s been bugging me with critics this year and I think it’s the fact reviewers are going overboard with their often inconsistent desire for everything to be incredibly original – original doesn’t always equal good (also, let’s be honest, everything is a remix).

It’s okay to praise something episodic or procedural for being the best acted or most bingeable version of that particular type of show.

ReplyCopy URL

adriandecker770
    Topics:

I’d be curious to hear, what are some TV shows that did badly with critics this year that you think were unfairly treated? (for not being “original” enough or anything else you feel like discussing)

ReplyCopy URL

kat_ebbs
    Topics:

I’d be curious to hear, what are some TV shows that did badly with critics this year that you think were unfairly treated? (for not being “original” enough or anything else you feel like discussing)

Talking Metacritic

Unnecessarily harsh:

House of The Dragon (it is absolutely fine to use some of the formula that worked for GoT), Reacher (a good show for what it is), Wolf Like Me (a great little indie criticised for…mixing genres?) Peacemaker (better than it has any right to be)

Way too generous:

She Hulk (really, most of the MCU broadly), The Rings of Power (y’all got blinded by sitting in a cinema and not watching the whole season).

Incredibly internally inconsistent:

The entirety of Netflix’s mid-to-high end genre slate. I could draw a diagram of inconsistencies. That slate is not perfect or without criticism, but it’s never consistent criticism.

ReplyCopy URL

adriandecker770
    Topics:

The 12 Best New TV Shows of 2022

Indiewire’s Best New TV Shows of 2022

1. Abbott Elementary
    2. Somebody Somewhere
    3. Severance
    4. Minx
    5. Gaslit
    6. We Own This City
    7. I Love That For You
    8. The Bear
    9. The Rehearsal
    10. The Patient
    11. Andor
    12. Interview with the Vampire

ReplyCopy URL

wolfali
    Topics:

https://www.indiewire.com/2022/11/best-new-tv-2022-1234785882/embed/#?secret=p1Q20v0Q7z#?secret=T5oCkkdEms Indiewire’s Best New TV Shows of 2022 1. Abbott Elementary 2. Somebody Somewhere 3. Severance 4. Minx 5. Gaslit 6. We Own This City 7. I Love That For You 8. The Bear 9. The Rehearsal 10. The Patient 11. Andor 12. Interview with the Vampire

It’s so great seeing Somebody Somewhere ranked as highly as it is on this list (even though it should really be no.1).

FYC: Better Call Saul, The English and The Good Fight in all categories including Emily Blunt, Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

ReplyCopy URL

Reis
    Topics:

It’s so great seeing Somebody Somewhere ranked as highly as it is on this list (even though it should really be no.1).

the ranking is in order of premiere date.

ReplyCopy URL

wolfali
    Topics:

the raniking is in order of premiere date.

Oh god I completely missed that lol (no wonder The Bear was so low).

Nonetheless it is still the best new show of 2022 (so far)!

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 384 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.