Home Forums Television What do the 2021 wins tell us about the 2022 race?

What do the 2021 wins tell us about the 2022 race?

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 59 total)
Created
4 weeks ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
kat_ebbs
wolfali
VedanthM
  • Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

Olivia Colman is coming for another Emmy with ‘Landscapers’ especially with it being an HBO show.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    boogiezen
    Topics:

What do the 2021 wins tell us about the 2022 race?

The British bloc is real. LMAO.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Transformative performances in a Ryan Murphy spring show always win, congrats to Evan Peters on Emmy #2

Oscars FYC:

"CODA" – in all categories

"Everybody's Talking About Jamie" – Sup. Actor (Richard E. Grant), Sup. Actress (Sarah Lancashire) and Original Song (“This Was Me”)

"King Richard" – Original Song (“Be Alive”)

"Summer of Soul" – Picture, Film Editing and Documentary Feature

“The Green Knight” – in all categories

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Transformative performances in a Ryan Murphy spring show always win, congrats to Evan Peters on Emmy #2

On the same note. we also probably should not dismiss Ratched entirely for S2, especially if it debuts at a different time (I think it’s going 2023, though)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    jjjmoss
    Topics:

During Covid, they are obsessed with white families up to hijinks, giving back to back sweeps several seasons into their runs.

It’s very 1970s, when All in the Family twice got 6/T7 awards.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

Nah forreal though, never underestimate HBO lol.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    slimshady
    Topics:

Also Evan Peters is coming for his Ryan Murphy murderer show

Yep this is what I came into this thread to say. He’s going 2/2

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    lucyv
    Topics:

I don’t ever feel safe when it comes to Evan with Ryan Murphy, but yes, we already know he’s going to do great and hopefully his AHS curse is broken now.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    VedanthM
    Topics:

Is there any black woman competing next year for Lead Actress in Drama Series? I can only think of Zendaya, but I feel like she’s not going to win again. Sarah Snook will still be in supporting category, but I feel Baranski is coming for that category, and yeah, I feel like Coon as a lead will be a major threat. I still can’t believe they deny MKW this year.

Who else will get nominated? We still have an year but I see more competition in Limited Series category and Supporting Actress. I think it might be finally time to reward Laura Linney (with Ozark’s season being the last) or Sandra Oh (if Killing Eve writers deliver and give her material worth the win)

If the field is dry and there isn’t any passion pick, I can see Oh sailing through! (fingers crossed)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    nevkm
    Topics:

Who else will get nominated? We still have an year but I see more competition in Limited Series category and Supporting Actress. I think it might be finally time to reward Laura Linney (with Ozark’s season being the last) or Sandra Oh (if Killing Eve writers deliver and give her material worth the win) If the field is dry and there isn’t any passion pick, I can see Oh sailing through! (fingers crossed)

Praying for Sandra for her last season of KE! Please get it, girl.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Who else will get nominated? We still have an year but I see more competition in Limited Series category and Supporting Actress. I think it might be finally time to reward Laura Linney (with Ozark’s season being the last) or Sandra Oh (if Killing Eve writers deliver and give her material worth the win)

Outside of new shows:

Returning nom’d series are: Stranger Things, Ozark, This Is Us, Better Call Saul, Killing Eve, Succession, The Boys, and the Dexter reboot.

Returning relatively recent lead nominees are Aniston, Comer, Linney, Oh, Moore, and Zendaya. I’d presume Witherspoon was pretty close.

Returning relatively recent supporting nominees are Brown, Metz (who hasn’t gotten in since 2017), Garner and Shaw.  There does appear to be a case to move Brown to lead given what we know of S4.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Emmyfan
    Topics:

Praying for Sandra for her last season of KE! Please get it, girl.

I am too, but I have lost all hope for Sandra Oh

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Watcher
    Topics:

That down ballot sweeps for the most popular shows and the British bloc are very real

if in doubt in any category always select the actor/actress/writer/director for the show you expect to win overall, and especially if they are British

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    furbul
    Topics:

If the field is dry and there isn’t any passion pick, I can see Oh sailing through! (fingers crossed)

Linney still has two shots to win for that role – for both parts of final season.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

if in doubt in any category always select the actor/actress/writer/director for the show you expect to win overall, and especially if they are British

Well that didn’t work well for Anya Taylor-Joy…

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design
    "CODA" – in all categories

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 59 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.