Home Forums Television What will be the biggest shock at the Emmys 2021?

What will be the biggest shock at the Emmys 2021?

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 107 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Kaguya-hime
ReddWhite

• Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

It’s only two days before the announcement of the 2021 Emmy nominees. Every year, we get at least one big shock, as nomination or snub. A candidate that nobody commented about for all these months, or that was talked about but nobody believed he or she had a real chance. Or else a series that everyone predicted and ends up being completely ignored.

Just to cite more recent examples, at least in my opinion: Alfie Allen for the final season of Game of Thrones (something few predicted), the fifth season of Schitt’s Creek (after the previous four seasons were completely ignored), What We Do in the Shadows Season 2 (few predicted) and The Mandalorian Season 1 (I don’t remember a single person predicting this).

So, in your opinion, what will be the biggest shock this year?

Ryusei
    Topics:

Bridgerton overperforming massively although i feel like some people are lowkey already expecting this.

Also no matter what I feel like most supporting categories will be absolute shit shows that nobody saw coming.

FYC Everywhere even for people to just watch the show:
    This Is Going To Hurt
    Ben Whishaw
    Ambika Mod

ReplyCopy URL

Kay
    Topics:

Ms EM EYE CROOKED LETTER CROOKED LETTER EYE CROOKED LETTER CROOKED LETTER EYE HUMPBACK HUMPBACK EYE snatching the Emmy away from Ms Anderson

ReplyCopy URL

Victor
    Topics:

Ms EM EYE CROOKED LETTER CROOKED LETTER EYE CROOKED LETTER CROOKED LETTER EYE HUMPBACK HUMPBACK EYE snatching the Emmy away from Ms Anderson

Lol who’s this

Emmy winner Matthew Macfadyen!!

ReplyCopy URL

JV
    Topics:

Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist overperforming

Also, Brooke Smith for Big Sky. She’s been campaigning like crazy and alone, since ABC done her dirty and left her out of the press.

ReplyCopy URL

Kaguya-hime
    Topics:

Search Party getting into Comedy Series, multiple acting categories, and directing

For All Mankind making the Drama Series lineup over Pose

It’s a Sin beating out The Underground Railroad and Small Axe

Ego Nwodim making it in Supporting Actress while all 3 Flight Attendant actresses miss in the category

Tina Fey missing Comedy Guest Actress

ReplyCopy URL

AmnistY21
    Topics:

What? Lmao

ReplyCopy URL

braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

• The Queen’s Gambit overperforms in acting (ATJ, Camp, Heller, TBS, Johnson, Ingram).

• Small Axe misses series.

• For All Mankind gets series+directing+writing.

• Euphoria gets directing and writing noms (9 total).

• An acting nomination coming from someone not in the prediction centre (got a hunch for Jon Huertas and Colin Woodell).

• Daniel Brühl will be double nominated.

• Comedy Series is gonna be the only nomination for a show (thinking either Search Party or Superstore).

ReplyCopy URL

Kaguya-hime
    Topics:

• The Queen’s Gambit overperforms in acting (ATJ, Camp, Heller, TBS, Johnson, Ingram). • Small Axe misses series. • For All Mankind gets series+directing+writing. • Euphoria gets directing and writing noms (9 total). • An acting nomination coming from someone not in the prediction centre (got a hunch for Jon Huertas and Colin Woodell). • Daniel Brühl will be double nominated. • Comedy Series is gonna be the only nomination for a show (thinking either Search Party or Superstore).

I don’t think Small Axe missing would be a shock. A Huertas nom definitely would be though. Poor Hartley if they snub him for another cast member again, XD.

ReplyCopy URL

Owl-Always-watching
    Topics:

Any Apple TV show besides Ted Lasso getting nominated.

I would love some For all mankind nominations.

ReplyCopy URL

Victor
    Topics:

I don’t predict shocks because it won’t be a shock anymore lol
    Something like The Nandalorian last year is coming, i can feel it.

Emmy winner Matthew Macfadyen!!

ReplyCopy URL

orangestraw
    Topics:

Someone totally unexpected in Supporting Actor, my guess being Justice Smith for Genera+ion.

FYC: "What We Do in the Shadows" and "Severance" in everything, Natasha Rothwell ("Insecure"), Sophie Thatcher ("Yellowjackets"), Renee Elise Goldsberry ("Girls5eva"), James Caverly, ("Only Murders in the Building")

ReplyCopy URL

orangestraw
    Topics:

and Ziwe, Lead Actress in a Comedy, a la Amy Schumer a few years back.

FYC: "What We Do in the Shadows" and "Severance" in everything, Natasha Rothwell ("Insecure"), Sophie Thatcher ("Yellowjackets"), Renee Elise Goldsberry ("Girls5eva"), James Caverly, ("Only Murders in the Building")

ReplyCopy URL

wolfali
    Topics:

These shocks I’m predicting are so big that they’re not even in the predictions centre:

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

ReplyCopy URL

hopelesstar
    Topics:

Someone totally unexpected in Supporting Actor, my guess being Justice Smith for Genera+ion.

Sarah Paulson just promoted the show on her insta lol

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 107 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.