Home Forums Television What will be the biggest shock at the Emmys 2021?

What will be the biggest shock at the Emmys 2021?

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 107 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
6 months ago
replies
views
users
Kaguya-hime
wolfali
ReddWhite
  • Profile picture
    orangestraw
    Topics:

Sarah Paulson just promoted the show on her insta lol

I’m not even totally sure what I’m basing it on, it’s just as a category Supporting Actor’s last few slots feel like they could be anything, and I know the show’s been finishing its season during the eligibility period and he seems to be the face of Genera+ion.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Someone totally unexpected in Supporting Actor, my guess being Justice Smith for Genera+ion.

He and Uly Schlesinger are amazing on the show.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Kaguya-hime
    Topics:

and Ziwe, Lead Actress in a Comedy, a la Amy Schumer a few years back.

Why would Ziwe be ahead of Thede if something like that were to happen? A Black Lady Sketch Show seems like a much bigger contender.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    orangestraw
    Topics:

Ziwe for me has got the recent visibility factor. I’d argue a little more so than Thede. She had interviews with Fran Liebowitz, Phoebe Bridgers and that damning one with Andrew Yang that all were all over (my) Twitter feed. I also think she’s pretty well liked by other actors, I see her shouted out a lot.

Also I assume that Thede is competing for airtime with the rest of her ensemble, while Ziwe’s show is unequivocally hers.

Personally I’m predicting her as a shock nom, but won’t be surprised if she misses either.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Ziwe could benefit from her placement alphabetically on the ballot which is something Thede doesn’t have to her advantage.

FYC:

"The Good Fight" and "The Other Two" in all categories.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

I have a feeling we are going to witness some type of clownery in one of the Drama acting categories. Maybe in more than one…

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

I have a feeling we are going to witness some type of clownery in one of the Drama acting categories. Maybe in more than one…

Gina Carano nom incoming.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Kaguya-hime
    Topics:

That would be the worst acting nomination in the history of the Emmys.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

I’m also predicting this. She’s very strategically placed in the ballots and if Mare explodes, she’ll be the first suprise from there.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Jacob "Oscar Boy" Boe
    Topics:

Obviously it wouldnt be good if this happened, because emmys are supposed to nominate the best, but god I wouldn’t be able to stop from laughing. It would just be too funny!

Oscars FYC:
    Belfast (Pic, Balfe, Dornan, Hinds, Screenplay)
    CODA (Kotsur, Screenplay)
    Dune (Pic, Villeneuve, Screenplay, Cinematography, Editing, Production Design, Sound, VFX)
    Free Guy (VFX)
    Passing (Negga)
    The Power of the Dog (Pic, Campion, Cumberbatch, Dunst, Smit-McPhee, Screenplay, Cinematography, Editing)
    tick, tick, Boom! (Garfield)
    West Side Story (Pic, Spielberg, Zegler, DeBose, Moreno, Faist, Screenplay, Cinematography, Costume, Editing, Production Design, Sound)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The one that I am not predicting but I think would be considered a surprise to most (although not myself) is Neil Patrick Harris for It’s a Sin.

In hindsight he shouldn’t stand a chance because its a guest performance and his performance isn’t the most buzzed element of his show but he’s Neil Patrick Harris. He has 12 nominations and 5 wins. He probably has a lot of respect from his peers. Considering how his work on It’s a Sin is kind of against type for him (has he ever been in a drama that wasn’t called Gone Girl?) and he has the advantage of appearing in the show’s first episode, it would not surprise me if he does end up slipping in whilst all the other actors from his show got shut out. Which is something I’m nowhere near predicting because I’m not confident It’s a Sin is strong enough to break into a category as competitive as that one.

FYC:

"The Good Fight" and "The Other Two" in all categories.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Jacob "Oscar Boy" Boe
    Topics:

I think most people would be shocked by this but I’m actually predicting both Bill Camp and Marielle Heller to miss. They seem like Jane Lynch in MMM, Jonathan Banks in BCS, TBN in Watchmen, and Rose Byrne in Mrs. A… I wasnt that impressed with either of their performances. They were good not great. As far as film performances go, I’d compare them to MJB in Mudbound and Richard Jenkins in TSoW.

Oscars FYC:
    Belfast (Pic, Balfe, Dornan, Hinds, Screenplay)
    CODA (Kotsur, Screenplay)
    Dune (Pic, Villeneuve, Screenplay, Cinematography, Editing, Production Design, Sound, VFX)
    Free Guy (VFX)
    Passing (Negga)
    The Power of the Dog (Pic, Campion, Cumberbatch, Dunst, Smit-McPhee, Screenplay, Cinematography, Editing)
    tick, tick, Boom! (Garfield)
    West Side Story (Pic, Spielberg, Zegler, DeBose, Moreno, Faist, Screenplay, Cinematography, Costume, Editing, Production Design, Sound)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Ms EM EYE CROOKED LETTER CROOKED LETTER EYE CROOKED LETTER CROOKED LETTER EYE HUMPBACK HUMPBACK EYE snatching the Emmy away from Ms Anderson

Twenty something answers later and still no one knows who tf is this woman

It's all about Ethan Hawke!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Is crooked eye Madeline Brewer?

Oscars FYC:

"Lamb" – International Feature and all categories

"Summer of Soul" – Picture, Film Editing and Documentary Feature

“The Green Knight” – in all categories

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 107 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.