Home Forums Television Who should host the 2023 Golden Globes?

Who should host the 2023 Golden Globes?

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
vinny
adriandecker770
wolfali

• FRANCK-MD
    Topics:

Echo the sentiments for Selena and the Martins, it would be the best decision for them but not entirely sure if they would since it’s on NBC I imagine they’ll put some cross-promo again (Sandra Oh is they only host they’ve had not associated with them)

Something I think they should do is get Queen Latifah & Will Smith to co-host together. Have had great chemistry for decades, can handle a room, naturally both have NBCU projects airing right now and to address the elephant in the room, I’m sure the HFPA would live the drama of booking Smith to host their ceremony since he can’t even attended the Oscars.

Other options I’d think are plausible

• Bowen Yang – the current crown jewel of SNL
    • Kelly Clarkson – the crown jewel of NBC syndicated daytime
    • Kaley Cuoco – multiple active Peacock projects but too associated with CBS/HBO?
    • Pete Davidson – SNL alumnus with multiple projects across NBCU
    • Adam Devine – his Pitch Perfect peacock spinoff series is premiering a month prior.
    • Sarah Hyland – current Love Island host and familiar to broad audiences
    • Jameela Jamil – co-star of Pitch Perfect and the only suggestion here who is actually a host by trade
    • Dwayne Johnson – titular star of Young Rock and I imagine they’ll desperate for cross-generational straight down the middle star-star
    • Amber Ruffin – their only current late night host to have ever hosted

I’d love to see Queen Latifah as a host !

ReplyCopy URL

furbul
    Topics:

As always I want an award show hosted by Kristen Wiig and Maya Rudolph.

But the idea about Girls5eva girls hosting in character would be perfect. If only this show was popular, and not you know, on the verge of cancellation 🙁

ReplyCopy URL

Carlos Luis Turmero
    Topics:

Kelly Clarkson would be fantastic, but she’s too associated with music, so I don’t know.

Tina and Amy always does it for me, and I think since the event is gonna be as it used to be. They’re gonna work that room perfectly.

What about Billy Eichner? With all the promo for Bros, I think he would be an excellent choice

ReplyCopy URL

adriandecker770
    Topics:

Oh I think Billy Eichner would be amazing. Has he ever hosted an awards show before? He feels almost made for it.

ReplyCopy URL

Bonehead
    Topics:

Trey Parker, Matt Stone, and/or Bill Hader

ReplyCopy URL

IittIebitpsycho
    Topics:

AUBREY PLAZA! She killed it hosting the Indie Spirit awards in 2020. Also, she has ties to NBC as a former Parks & Rec star and she’ll probably be nominated this year for TWL. It just makes sense 

ReplyCopy URL

Eden
    Topics:

I’d pay to see Gervais host. Honestly, I don’t think anyone else can attract more viewers. His previous gig has over 50 million views on YouTube.

ReplyCopy URL

migue1reyes
    Topics:

Bowen Yang might not happen. I listened to an episode of Las Culturistas ‘This is a Fun Table!’ where they talked about the Emmys and he talked about not having interest in hosting a show like that, feeling like he doesn’t know what he’s doing with the bit he did with Kenan. If you want to check it out, his ramblings start at 32:53. But I think he’s not 100% set on stone that he would not host ever. Who knows. If he would, maybe some of his Fire Island costars can join him, perhaps Joel Kim Booster if he’s nominated, fingers crossed?

If we’re talking someone related to NBC? Pretty easy, Password’s Keke Palmer and Jimmy Fallon. Keke doesn’t need Jimmy though. It’s a long shot, but I would personally would like Megan Stalter.

ReplyCopy URL

kamila
    Topics:

SNL has such poor stock at the moment that I don’t see any of their cast getting a hosting gig right now.

ReplyCopy URL

vinny
    Topics:

IDK how nobody has thought of this yet but: Tracee Ellis Ross

ReplyCopy URL

lvigario
    Topics:

Bowen Yang
    Aubrey Plaza
    Maya Rudolph and Kristen Wiig

ReplyCopy URL

Nate
    Topics:

It really should be Jamie Lee Curtis: she just premiered with Halloween Ends on Peacock, has buzz for her Everything Everywhere All at Once performance, has 2 wins from 7 nominations, is the quintessential second generation actor, and was even the only person to stand by the HFPA and actually record a video in support of the organization at the most recent awards.

ReplyCopy URL

Frank Foresta
    Topics:

I’m all in on the Abbott Elementary train, so I’d love to see some of the cast members try hosting. Their dynamic is amazing on the show – especially for a first season – so I bet their chemistry is amazing in person, too.

The Martins and Selena would absolutely be a fun choice as well.

Even though he’s done it a bunch of times, Ricky Gervais is always excellent and we KNOW he isn’t afraid to let them have it.

Lastly, though I know it’ll never happen, I’d say Kathy Griffin. I’ve long been a fan (since the D List days) and since the Globes have their own PR issues, maybe they can reinvigorate their public images together.

ReplyCopy URL

sadlasso
    Topics:

how about sharon horgan? love that woman <3

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.