When making Golden Globe predictions, everybody agrees that “A Star Is Born” will do well, but how well? Yes, it will probably bag Best Drama Picture, Actress (Lady Gaga) and Song, but will Bradley Cooper get his due gold, too? If yes, which category: Best Director or Best Actor? Both?
BEST DRAMA PICTURE
“If Beale Street Could Talk”
* “A Star Is Born”
According to Gold Derby’s odds, “A Star Is Born” is so far out front to win that it’s received more than 10 times as many predictions as number-two-ranked “BlacKkKlansman.” Among our 24 Experts, the predictions are unanimous, including me, but beware: Voters have been opting for very edgy films in this category in recent years (“Moonlight,” “Three Billboards”), so “BlacKkKlansman” has a shot, especially if Spike Lee wins Best Director. If there’s an upset here, though, the spoiler will probably be “Bohemian” because HFPA members really love it.
BEST DRAMA ACTRESS
Glenn Close (“The Wife”)
* Lady Gaga (“A Star Is Born”)
Nicole Kidman (“Destroyer”)
Melissa McCarthy (“Can You Ever Forgive Me?”)
Rosamund Pike (“A Private War”)
Lady Gaga is the perfect Globes queen, of course, and now is the perfect time in her career, as she crosses over successfully to acting, to crown her in Hollywood. A superstar is reborn.
- Cast your vote for the Razzie Redeemer Award right here at Gold Derby!
- Squish! Donald and Melania Trump get pelted with Razzie Award nominations!
- Gold Derby offers the inside track to Hollywood leaders at Awards Upfront
- Oscars cliffhanger = Best Picture race: Tom O’Neil tracks the 5 frontrunners
- Tom O’Neil’s 100% accurate Golden Globe predictions: Don’t argue with me!
- Oscars update: Tom O’Neil handicaps the Best Picture race – It’s a real derby, damn it!
- Tom O’Neil’s 100% accurate Golden Globes predictions (Can’t be wrong! Don’t argue with me!)
- Beware: the queen approaches! Here’s why Olivia Colman is a serious threat to grab the Oscar crown for Best Actress
- Watch clash of 3 Oscar prediction Experts: Glenn Whipp, Joyce Eng & Tom O’Neil [Video & Audio Podcast]
- Tom O’Neil explains why Mahershala Ali is suddenly the new Oscar frontrunner
3Crazy Rich Asians100/1
- Updated on: 02 Jan 19, 17:55 pm PT