This is “one of the strangest Oscar races I can ever remember,” gasps Sasha Stone at AwardsDaily.
Amen, comrade! Take the confounding, mysterious, WTF Oscar Best Picture contest, for example. Out of the top 7 flicks in Gold Derby’s list of our Oscar Experts’ racetrack odds, I can see a path for 6 of them, really, to win: “A Star Is Born,” “Black Panther,” “BlacKkKlansman,” “The Favourite,” “Green Book” or “Roma.”
The excellent “If Beale Street Could Talk” is ranked number 6, but it was totally snubbed at the SAG Awards. Not even Regina King got in! (Oh, come on! But don’t give up on her — she can still win the Oscar. More on that in a separate article.) “Roma” got snubbed at SAG, too, that’s true, but it was voted Best Picture by the L.A. and N.Y. film critics’ groups and its helmer Alfonso Cauron is out front to win Best Director, although he should be very, very worried by Spike Lee (“BlacKkKlansman”) and Bradley Cooper (“A Star Is Born”). None of Gold Derby’s 32 Experts pick “Beale” to win Best Picture. See how all of them rank their predicted nominees according to likelihood of winning.
- Cast your vote for the Razzie Redeemer Award right here at Gold Derby!
- Squish! Donald and Melania Trump get pelted with Razzie Award nominations!
- Gold Derby offers the inside track to Hollywood leaders at Awards Upfront
- Oscars cliffhanger = Best Picture race: Tom O’Neil tracks the 5 frontrunners
- Tom O’Neil’s 100% accurate Golden Globe predictions: Don’t argue with me!
- Oscars update: Tom O’Neil handicaps the Best Picture race – It’s a real derby, damn it!
- Tom O’Neil’s 100% accurate Golden Globes predictions (Can’t be wrong! Don’t argue with me!)
- Beware: the queen approaches! Here’s why Olivia Colman is a serious threat to grab the Oscar crown for Best Actress
- Watch clash of 3 Oscar prediction Experts: Glenn Whipp, Joyce Eng & Tom O’Neil [Video & Audio Podcast]
- Tom O’Neil explains why Mahershala Ali is suddenly the new Oscar frontrunner
3Crazy Rich Asians100/1
- Updated on: 02 Jan 19, 17:55 pm PT