Call this chat the Ultimate Clash of the Oscar Predictions Titans. Glenn Whipp (L.A. Times) and Gold Derby senior editor Joyce Eng consistently have the best accuracy scores when competing against scores of other Experts who predict the Oscars and Emmys at Gold Derby. Now we’ve called them together to size up the current derby: What films are out front? Watch video of our chat above or listen to the audio podcast version below.
See our Oscar predictions for Best Picture stacked up against the rankings of 24 other Experts. See all of Glenn’s Oscar predictions here, Joyce’s predictions here, mine here. Disagree with us? Make your own predictions and compete against Gold Derby’s Experts.
“I currently have ‘A Star Is Born’ winning,” Joyce says. “I think that’s the one we have the most data on now and it’s the talk of the town right at the moment.” However, she warns: “I think ‘Green Book’ is very dangerous.”
Glenn agrees, calling “Green Book” “the sleeping giant of awards season.
- Cast your vote for the Razzie Redeemer Award right here at Gold Derby!
- Squish! Donald and Melania Trump get pelted with Razzie Award nominations!
- Gold Derby offers the inside track to Hollywood leaders at Awards Upfront
- Oscars cliffhanger = Best Picture race: Tom O’Neil tracks the 5 frontrunners
- Tom O’Neil’s 100% accurate Golden Globe predictions: Don’t argue with me!
- Oscars update: Tom O’Neil handicaps the Best Picture race – It’s a real derby, damn it!
- Tom O’Neil’s 100% accurate Golden Globes predictions (Can’t be wrong! Don’t argue with me!)
- Beware: the queen approaches! Here’s why Olivia Colman is a serious threat to grab the Oscar crown for Best Actress
- Watch clash of 3 Oscar prediction Experts: Glenn Whipp, Joyce Eng & Tom O’Neil [Video & Audio Podcast]
- Tom O’Neil explains why Mahershala Ali is suddenly the new Oscar frontrunner
3Crazy Rich Asians100/1
- Updated on: 02 Jan 19, 17:55 pm PT