Forum Replies Created
March 14, 2022 at 3:52 am #1204849099
The 64th Grammys categories should be telecast the ff:
Big GF 4
-Best Pop Duo/Group Performance
-Best Rap Album
-Best R&B Performance
-Best Country Album
-Best Rap Performance
-Best Alternative Music AlbumMarch 9, 2022 at 4:59 pm #1204838661
Pretty much. The splits predictions kinda make no sense.
I think these are the possible, logical scenarios:
a: Billie wins AOTY, LTDO wins R/SOTY
b: Billie wins AOTY, ROTY, SOTY
c: Tony wins AOTY, LTDO wins R/SOTY
d: Tony wins AOTY and ROTY, LTDO wins SOTY
e: Tony wins AOTY and ROTY, HTE wins SOTY
f: Tony wins AOTY and ROTY, DL wins SOTY
g: Olivia wins AOTY, ROTY, SOTY
h: Olivia wins AOTY, LTDO wins R/SOTY
Another scenario is Olivia takes Album, Billie takes Record and Song.March 7, 2022 at 6:13 am #1204834596
Can’t wait for the winner predictions from Pitchfork and USA Today soon especially they predict AOTY and ROTY right last year.March 4, 2022 at 4:03 am #1204830927
There are several theories for picking an AOTY winner.
Popular artist with the biggest selling album of the year
– If this happens again, the obvious winner is Olivia Rodrigo, no further explanation needed.
Grammy favourite and former AOTY winner, or at least former multiple Grammy winner
– Grammy favourites can bypass the usual rules and often don’t need the same sales or acclaim that would be used to explain why other artists won or missed out. The obvious candidate here is Billie Eillish who has won AOTY and won two back to back ROTY awards, while still only having one album at the time. She could go on to be a bigger favourite than Taylor Swift or Adele.
– some would say Taylor is another favourite who should never be ruled out, but it seems too soon after her last win and it appears she didn’t make the original eight nominated albums before the category was expanded to ten, so Billie is the logical answer here.
Music Legend (usually overdue)
– Some would say Tony Bennett is the obvious choice here, but he is not overdue in the same way that arguably Santana, Steely Dan and others from the past 20-30 years were. Tony already has his AOTY win. This is not like Bowie and Prince who never won, or the great rock groups like Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin that missed out, although Robert Plant (from Led Zep) won one later for Raising Sand. The Beatles won only once and I’m not even going to touch hip-hop here, other than to say that we are getting close to 20 years from the last hip-hop win.
Of all of the above, this last option would be the one brought up for years to come, as a example of how the Grammys are out of touch and would rather keep looking to the past, than reflecting what people listen to today.
I’ll be waiting for AOTY winner predictions from Pitchfork in the next few weeks because Pitchfork has been predicting the right winner since 24K Magic last 2018.February 14, 2022 at 5:30 pm #1204802399
AOTY is a total toss up this year. A lot of these albums have strengths and weaknesses.
H.E.R. – I actually have H.E.R. winning this year as I think she will get almost all of the non-pop vote that Tony doesn’t get. I find her songwriting kind of boring but she is a seriously skilled guitarist. I think her musicality will matter to voters who play instruments. She is also definitely on every voters radar as she is nominated every single year. Voters have proved they like her when they gave her SOTY. Her weakness is that she has never had a real hit or a catchy song that will be in voters heads. Also, the acclaim for her and her guitar playing is greater than the acclaim for her album. She may lose some votes to Jon and Tony, but really nobody is wasting their vote on Jon.
Gaga & Tony Bennet – This album has the strongest narrative. A very elderly star taking his final bow, a cute and unlikely cross generational friendship, etc. Due to Gaga and Tony’s difference in age and genre, they have the advantage of being able to draw votes from all generations and both pop and non-pop voters. Still, these are all cover songs and not originals. Also, I don’t think very many people actually got a lot of listens out of this album. There are tons of covers of show-tuney jazz that are equally as good, they just don’t have Tony and Lady Gaga’s name on them. This is my second most likely pick.
Olivia – Grammys like to award the hot new pop star. But still this seems TOO bubble gum even for the Grammys tastes. She will lose votes to the Taylor/Billie/Olivia/Doja/Biebs/Lil Nas X pop split, and I just think most voters will go for something a little more serious than this. If AOTY does go to a pop album, I have it going to Olivia
Billie – Her Sophomore album was better than her debut but not nearly as commercially succesful. The Billie hype seems to be dying down and she’s not the hot newcomer anymore. Not sure the voters care about her anymore. Also suffers from pop split.
Taylor – Obviously voters have showed her love for years. Voters may feel she’s already been over awarded especially considering Evermore is very similar to Folklore and didn’t make quite as big of a splash. Also suffers from pop split. I won’t be shocked if she or Billie win, but I also don’t think its likely.
Bieber, Lil Nas X, Kanye, Doja and Jon are just not gonna happen. Kanye just nuked any chances he had with his recent antics. Loved Planet Her but it’s just not Doja’s year this year.
I give H.E.R. or Tony/Gaga a combined 60% odds of winning. I give Taylor or Billie a combined 30% odds of winning. I give all the other artists a combined 10% odds of winning.
I think AOTY is between evermore and Happier Than Ever.
evermore will take votes from pop, rock, alternative, country, americana, folk, since there’s no country/americana album nominated in AOTY.February 14, 2022 at 6:15 am #1204801136
I think the upcoming winners for the 64th Grammys might be similar to the 58th Grammys last 2016 or even last year.
58th Grammys GF official winners
AOTY – 1989
ROTY – Uptown Funk
SOTY – Thinking Out Loud
BNA – Meghan Trainor
My projected GF winners for the 64th Grammys
AOTY – evermore
ROTY – Leave The Door Open
SOTY – Happier Than Ever
BNA – Olivia RodrigoFebruary 11, 2022 at 3:03 am #1204796141
I feel like Billie might sweep the General Field.
AOTY – Happier Than Ever (2nd: SOUR or evermore)
ROTY – Happier Than Ever (2nd: Leave The Door Open)
SOTY – Happier Than Ever (2nd: drivers license)
BNA – Olivia Rodrigo (Spoiler: FINNEAS)February 6, 2022 at 6:34 am #1204778805
My near final winner predictions for the 64th Grammys:
AOTY – evermore/Happier Than Ever
Analysis: I don’t expect Olivia to sweep because there will be split genre votes for AOTY with Taylor getting votes from pop, rock, country, folk and alternative. Batiste, Bieber, and H.E.R split R&B votes. While Billie, Olivia, Bieber, Doja, Lil Nas X, and Bennett/Gaga split pop votes, Love For Sale, Happier Than Ever, and We Are could also split votes from jazz. Doja, Lil Nas X and Kanye would also split votes from rap. Also, Billie, Taylor, and Olivia will get rock votes. This would leave evermore or Happier Than Ever as the eventual winner like what happened to folklore last year.
ROTY – Happier Than Ever
Analysis: I feel like Billie is taking it, but the closest competitor is Leave The Door Open or drivers license.
SOTY – drivers license
Analysis: Olivia might take it, but Leave The Door Open or Fight For You could pull an upset.
New Artist – Olivia Rodrigo
Analysis: Her easiest win.January 31, 2022 at 5:12 am #1204761537
WHEN WE ALL FALL ASLEEP, WHERE DO WE GO? – Billie Eilish
folklore – Taylor Swift
1989 – Taylor Swift
SOUR – Olivia Rodrigo
Happier Than Ever – Billie Eilish
30 – Adele
Melodrama – Lorde
thank u, next – Ariana Grande
Future Nostalgia – Dua Lipa
EMOTION – Carly Rae JepsenJanuary 17, 2022 at 4:37 pm #1204734624
Will win: evermore/Happier Than Ever
Should win: Sour
Will win: Happier Than Ever
Should win: drivers license/Leave The Door Open
Will win: drivers license
Should win: Leave The Door Open/Happier Than Ever
BNA: OliviaJanuary 4, 2022 at 5:17 pm #1204697270
this makes no sense, if their still able to hold basketball games w a sizable audience inside a arena/stadium, then why not for the Grammys, surely they didn’t think they could do a full scale event this year before Omicron
The 64th Grammys must go on this January 31 especially Olivia is touring this spring 2022.December 1, 2021 at 5:08 pm #1204618294
Tuffs Daily gave winner predictions for 64th Grammys
AOTY – Happier Than Ever or SOUR
ROTY/SOTY – drivers license
BNA – Olivia RodrigoNovember 30, 2021 at 3:09 am #1204614840
Global Artist of the Year: The Weeknd
Breakthrough Artist of the Year: Olivia Rodrigo
Album of the Year: SOUR
Song of the Year: drivers license
Songwriter of the Year: H.E.R.
Artist of the Year (Africa): Wizkid
Artist of the Year (France): Aya Nakamura
Artist of the Year (Germany): RIN
Artist of the Year (Japan): OFFICIAL HIGE DANDISM
Artist of the Year (Russia): Scriptonite
So, Olivia Rodrigo is taking AOTY, SOTY, BNA, and ROTY in the 64th Grammys.November 29, 2021 at 4:22 pm #1204613388
Again, Love For Sale is not winning AOTY. Give it to Billie or Olivia.Not now