Forum Replies Created
September 22, 2020 at 7:29 am #1203727476
Laura is winning SAG imo. Is true that Julia will also get nominated but Gillian Anderson will most likely get nominated alongside Colman and she’ll be a much tougher co star to overcome than Garner.
I am sorry, but this is baseless statement, Anderson cannot even get nominated anymore (and in the last decade she has been aggressively campaigned for 3 shows now), while Graner is previous SAG nominee and two times Emmy winner, Linney will never win with Garner nominated alongside, the opposite is more probable, but I doubt it. Also, we have to see first what material Colman and Anderson will have, but if both of them are strong, I would predict Jodie Comer as the rightful winner.September 21, 2020 at 5:31 pm #1203726606
Being at 7 place at the prediction center made me happy, but also made me think really hard on my 5 errors and learned lessons:
1. Drama actress – I had Zendaya second even if I saw her winning just like Luca, I stayed with Linney out of love, even if I love Zendaya as much as Linney, it was impossible to choose, so I let Zendaya second and Linney first. I should have done like Luca and put my gut feeling first.
2. Limited actor – I had Ruffalo second and Mescal first, here my biggest mistake is that I never watched Ruffalo´s work, so it was difficult not to root for the best one between the other four. The TCA nomination for Ruffalo and the passion of the people who have seen him was telling me to put him first and Mescal second, but I never did it. I never bought the other three, a performance from TV movie will never win again, Irons was a supporting character and Pope gave a charming performance, but very far form the quality of the other four.
3. Directing for Limited – Also saw Unorthodox winning and I had Maria Schrader second, but I never had the guts to remove This extraordinary being from the first place, I should have been braver.
4. Supporting actor drama – I had Culkin first, Esposito second and Crudup third. Here I let the fact that there was not a clear stand out since the real winner Tom Pelphrey was snubbed messed up my mind. I thought that we can have the first POC winner here (they clearly dislike Better Call Saul in some way) or just the MVP of the series winner, but I will know now, when there is not a clear stand out, stick with the obvious favorite – Crudup.
5. Directing drama or the reason I am not 4 instead of 7 at the prediction center – I had Hunting at 6th place, Fire Pink at first and one of my super bets placed on in it. So the most important lesson is to not place super bets on Directing, it is the most difficult category to predict and to waste a super bet like this is really a crime.
1. Stop with the ridiculous theories about the Academy or the acting branch not having watched something just cause it is easier to explain your bias, first Better Call Saul and now Ozark season 3. They watched it, just Pelphrey did not received enough votes, he might have missed for only 3 votes for example, and they liked Strong and Zendaya better.
2. Julia Garner was the obvious winner based on quality, same like last year, although this year there were other worthy nominees, while last year, she was the only deserving nominee. None of the other 7 women came close to her and I am happy that many of you liked my comparison between her and Dinklage, I am pretty sure that she will win a third Emmy for this role, maybe even two more Emmys.
3. Yahya Abdul-Mateen II was my other super bet, his performance on “A God Walks into Abar” is a masterpiece, his work on the finale is also extraordinary, he was the clear stand out of this group of nominees, so stop with the cliché of the beloved veteran, quality over name recognition has been the tradition that makes Emmys unique. Same thing applies to Strong over Cox.September 21, 2020 at 5:00 pm #1203726544
Based on quality (I don´t care about comedies and I have not watched I Know this much is true):
1. Julia Garner
3. Jeremy Strong.
4. Regina King.
5. Yahya Abdul-Mateen II.
6. Billy Crudup
7. Uzo Aduba
8. Cherry Jones
9. Ron Cephas JonesSeptember 20, 2020 at 8:51 pm #1203724148
Also, if Olivia Colman doesn’t bring it next season, she isn’t winning for this role. HBC is probably done seeing as though she’ll face competition on top of everything else.
Colman has to do miracles to win, she was dead at last place this year on the basis of quality and passion. Helena needs a REAL screen time that she will not get.
Speaking of class acts, BLESS Fiona Shaw for that reaction. What a gracious, classy, kind person.
I adore her and I am so happy that she has a BAFTA for this role.September 20, 2020 at 8:47 pm #1203724102
Disagree about Snook and Garner, tbh I was much more impressed with how Snook stepped up for her bigger role than how Garner’s performance continued to shine in a smaller one. To be fair Snook had much better material in this season than her previous while Garner had the opposite situation. Both delivered, but Snook just had the better season to really show her strengths in the role.
Please, stop making so clear that you have not watched Ozark.
Your first statement is factually wrong, Garner role is a borderline lead, this season I would say a complete lead. I am absolutely sure that Garner has more minutes of screen time in season 3 than Snook on season 2 of their shows.
Your second statement is absurd and is the definition of UNPOPULAR opinion. What I tried to warn you for months is that the millions of fans of Ozark see her as the standout of season 3 and this can be confirmed on every single social media – Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, etc.September 20, 2020 at 8:42 pm #1203724074
If I were Julia Garner I would ask for an immediate raise. She is keeping Ozark and Netflix alive.
Totally, she and Billy Crudup as well. Crudup was a fan favorite and a critical darling even in the first 4 episodes that were panned by critics, the passion for him remained and took him here.September 20, 2020 at 8:36 pm #1203724023
Waw, I am number 7 at the prediction center, I cannot believe it. It was a dream of mine to be on top 10 for the Emmys, it might sound dumb and superficial for many of you, but those are the only awards I have this kind of passion for, I am incredibly happy and proud. Thank you all for putting up with me 😀 And congrats to Eden for being number 4!!!September 20, 2020 at 8:29 pm #1203723980
Yet she can’t win anywhere else lol.
Supporting performances cannot win at TCA and practically cannot win at SAG (very few exceptions). And Critics choice and Golden Globe have lost most of their prestige (Critics Choice all of it I would say), so she would be more than fine with her Emmys since they do matter for real.September 20, 2020 at 8:24 pm #1203723958
So how were Snook and Smart not carried by their show’s sweeps like Murphy and Levy? I would say Snook would be deserving of a win.
Different competition. Garner acts circles around Snook, and with Aduba and Smart is a little more complicated, but to be honest, both had just one good episode.September 20, 2020 at 8:19 pm #1203723936
Good show with some pretty amazing winners, I would proudly say that there was not a single undeserving winner in Drama and Limited (I don’t watch comedies), Uzo Aduba was the most questionable one, but she had one amazing episode and an outstanding change of register after Crazy Eyes, so I cannot be mad.
This is not for tears, Hunting, This Extraordinary Being and Unorthodox (all 4 episodes), what an amazing bunch of winners, what a time to be a TV fan – Glorious.September 20, 2020 at 8:14 pm #1203723891
One of my favorite moments of the night was Sarah Snook grinning from ear to ear when Julia Garner won for supporting actress. Women supporting women!!!!!!!!
Yes!!!! Queens!!! Loved it!
Omg, people will continue to find reasons as to why Julia isn’t beloved. Goodbye.
Louder for the people in the back, Luca!
No one is fighting that she isn’t beloved. Looking at season 3, really she wasn’t the best performance on that show.
She was. A well known fact.September 20, 2020 at 8:07 pm #1203723832
18 out of 23, pretty strong I would say, can I hope to be in top 50?! Pretty please!!!September 20, 2020 at 8:02 pm #1203723750
McTeer was better and I stand by that. Ruth is a male-aligning fan favourite character that displays far more conventional ‘emotion’ and ‘range’. I always said Julia could repeat. The conversation was specifically regarding performance, and I thought McTeer was better – as did a lot of people here.
Yes, this is the important part – only here. Keep laughing at my Facebook/YouTube/IMDB arguments, but they PAY OFF for a SECOND year on a row.