Forum Replies Created
December 24, 2020 at 9:52 am #1203943714
Wow, I didn’t realize Ozark was that local to the US.December 22, 2020 at 9:51 pm #1203941202
Poor Carey Mulligan, now she won’t win the Globe and will subsequently be lucky to be considered a spoiler. As if the Drama Actress line-up wasn’t strong enough with two of the biggest frontrunners being there.December 19, 2020 at 7:23 am #1203932312
- Mahershala Ali – Ramy
- Nicholas Hoult – The Great
- Dan Levy – Schitt’s Creek
- Alex Newell – Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist
- Tom Pelphrey – Ozark
Wouldn’t be surprised if they made it in: Donald Sutherland, Christian Slater, Tobias Menzies, Jude Law, John Lithgow, Bill Camp
- Uzo Aduba – Mrs. America
- Gillian Anderson – The Crown
- Rose Byrne – Mrs. America
- Julia Garner – Ozark
- Annie Murphy – Schitt’s Creek
Yes, I have all three Emmy winners, I couldn’t decide which one would get snubbed (feels like Garner, idk) so I decided to predict them all.
Wouldn’t be surprised if they made it in: Helena Bonham Carter, Marielle Heller, Hannah Waddingham, Sharon Stone, Noma Dumezweni, Sarah Paulson, Tiffany Haddish, Lauren GrahamDecember 18, 2020 at 8:18 am #1203929463
How and why is Vanessa Kirby a frontrunner?
Right now all signs point to this being a race between Viola Davis and Frances McDormand, with Carey Mulligan as a possible spoiler.December 18, 2020 at 1:24 am #1203928742
So people who have finished the season. Mametz, Perez, Gomez or all three? Which is likelier for a supporting actress nomination?
Zosia Mamet definitely. If the show becomes huge in the following months Gomez could also coattail to a nomination. Perez was underused.December 17, 2020 at 10:53 am #1203927510
Netflix have submitted Emma Corrin, Josh O’Connor and Olivia Colman as the leads of The Crown. Gillian Anderson, Helena Bonham Carter, Erin Doherty, Emerald Fennell, Tobias Menzies and Stephen Boxer are in supporting. https://www.thecrown2020.netflixawards.com Edit: Credit goes to @pmm78 for spotting this!
This is totally absurd but somehow makes sense because of the emptiness of the lead categories. I think Josh O’Connor will easily win but we’ll see about Corrin vs. Colman.December 12, 2020 at 4:55 am #1203913965
They nominated Lily Collins for a “no1curr” movie so I don’t know why they wouldn’t nominate her for Emily in Paris. The show was huge, especially in Europe, she is in Mank and that should keep her name in their minds, and of the four newcomer female-led TV shows/contenders, it is the one that has the most votes on IMDb, which speaks to its popularity. It would be very un-Globes-like to not nominate her.December 11, 2020 at 3:26 pm #1203912888
I thought Jane Levy had Comedy Actress in the bag but then The Great came out so I thought Elle Fanning had it in the bag, then Emily in Paris came out, being a former nominee and all, I thought Lily Collins was the last and final frontrunner for comedy actress but then Kaley Cuoco happened. So as of now, I honestly can’t see a scenario where the HFPA doesn’t jump at the chance to give her, her first of many trophies.December 8, 2020 at 8:59 am #1203903168
– Lauren Graham should have been nominated for each and every season of Gilmore Girls.
– Sarah Michelle Gellar should have been nominated for each and every season of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
– Eva Green should have been nominated for each and every season of Penny Dreadful
– Keri Russell should have been nominated for each and every season of The Americans
– Tatiana Maslany should have been nominated for each and every season of Orphan Black
– Claire Danes should have never missed for Homeland and should have won her third Emmy for the show for its 4th season.
– Julianna Marguiles should have never missed for The Good Wife.
– Kerry Washington should have won for Scandal.
– Zendaya deserved her win tremendously but if there ever was a time for a tie in Emmy history it was this year with Laura Linney.
– Katherine Langford deserved at least a nomination for 13 Reasons Why’s first season.
– Vera Farmiga deserved nominations for Bates Motel.
– Gillian Anderson should have been nominated for The Fall (was she in Supporting Actress? I can’t remember)
– Robin Wright should not have been nominated for seasons 1 and 6 of House of Cards.October 29, 2020 at 2:48 pm #1203809903
That trailer made it clear, at least for me, if Cornin gets nominated no one from this show is winning.Not now