Forum Replies Created
December 1, 2020 at 11:43 am #1203887519
I want Gaga to win this one, but I can see this going to Exile.
If Gaga actually do something to campaign for it, she would have a chance. However, Gaga has sadly not lifted a finger for the era, so I don’t believe she’ll attempt to push anything to nab the award.
Nothing else comes close to the quality of these two songs so they are non-factors. I’ll riot if they give it to neither of them tbh.November 24, 2020 at 11:56 am #1203865982
My current thoughts:
– Thrilled about the plentiful nominations for Dua!!!
– Upset about Maren being snubbed in the GF. The Bones deserved at least SOTY. It’s a fantastic song, and much more deserving than some of the nominees.
– Pissed about The Weeknd being shut out. Absolutely ridiculous.This was his year to absolutely SWEEP.
– Disgusted at Bieber getting nominations. He should’ve gotten only two (Intentions for Pop Duo & 10,000 Hrs for Country Group)
– Conflicted about Beyoncé getting all these nominations. I did not think she deserved some of them. It feels like she’s going to get nominated for anything she puts out.November 24, 2020 at 11:42 am #1203865764
I am devastated. So I’m just gonna say that the Pop field NEEDS a committee immediately.
I completely agree. There was NO way Yummy should’ve gotten on for Pop Solo, nor did changes for Pop Album. The Weeknd should’ve easily taken his spots.November 24, 2020 at 11:39 am #1203865718
I’m pissed about The Weeknd & Maren being snubbed from these two categories. I really thought they both had a chance especially with how massive their songs were.November 24, 2020 at 11:37 am #1203865691
Hoping for Rain On Me but I can see them giving it to Taylor.
I don’t think anything else other than these two has a chance.November 24, 2020 at 9:56 am #1203863928
– Very shocked at The Weeknd shutout. The man had the biggest song of the year, along with one of the biggest albums.
– Genuinely disgusted at how Maren was snubbed for SOTY and Country Solo. One of the best songs in the eligibility period.
– Thrilled for Dua being nominated in almost every submission she made
– Thrilled Harry got nominated, doubt he’ll win anything though
– Beyonce only deserved certain nominations, not all. It is starting to feel like she’d get nominated for just breathing.
– Glad Gaga got nominated for Chromatica, considering how little she did for the era
EDIT: YUMMY?!?! Worst nomination of the night. Easily could’ve gone to every other choice possible. This feels very fabricated aka Scooter cutting the committee/voters a check.October 21, 2019 at 9:50 am #1203145886
I wish Mariah submitted With You to R&B Song instead of A No No. That was a blunder in her and her team’s part. I feel like it could’ve had a chance of getting nominated there.
I know it’s probably unlikely given her history with Grammys but at this point I’m just hoping for one, or two nominations. One with R&B album for Caution, and R&B Performance for With You. R&B Song will be a surprise given what was submitted.September 27, 2019 at 9:13 am #1203107973
I, for one, am all for this. This will be much more lively and memorable than the borefest of a show we sat through last year.September 27, 2019 at 6:59 am #1203107649
I’m genuinely curious why Taylor submitted YNTCD to Pop Solo when Lover is clearly the superior song. Does anyone have an idea or a clue as of why?September 27, 2019 at 6:44 am #1203107601
I would’ve went all in for WY. I hope ANN isn’t gonna take away some of the votes WY could potentially have.
Either way, all I’m PRAYING for right now is that Caution gets nominated in Best R&B Album. So deserving.September 25, 2019 at 12:49 pm #1203102431
Thank you Beatrich for confirming it was The Greatest that got sent to SOTY!
I’m glad with the Gaga submissions. Always Remember Us This Way could do some damage.
Out of these submissions so far, Taylor’s easily the worst. She will absolutely not get nominated for these far fetched choices. Lover (the song) is NOT Country nor is being played by Country. ME and YNTCD are far too weak to nab any major nominations. Lover should’ve went to Pop Solo, ROTY, and SOTY.
It’s also really weird to see Lil Nas getting put in Alternative when Lana gets in Pop. It should’ve been Urban Contemporary for Lil Nas and Alternative for Lana.September 25, 2019 at 12:32 pm #1203102311
I was gonna say I was disappointed with Lana’s submissions and then I saw SOTY. This is not possible since it is a cover…so now I’m questioning if everything else is true or not.September 25, 2019 at 12:24 pm #1203102233
Taylor’s submissions are beyond terrible. There’s no way she’s getting love this season tbh.
Ariana, Billie, and Lizzo all made fantastic choices with their submissions!September 10, 2019 at 7:37 am #1203067467
Once in a while they go towards a more traditional safe choice like country/folk, I could see this happening this year.
That happened last year…which is why I think they’ll switch it up this year. But I don’t think Billie will be the one who wins, it’ll be someone else.