Forum Replies Created
June 6, 2020 at 1:47 am #1203518827
I sincerely hope one day everyone on this forum knows how to spell Colman’s nameJune 6, 2020 at 12:33 am #1203518756
Don’t see why Michele’s actions should change the fact that I thought she was Emmy worthy for both Glee and Scream Queens at differing points in their runs. Just because we have it confirmed that she’s the diva we always knew she was doesn’t change how great those performances were. I guess the only difference is that I’m now not rooting for her to get any make-up nods/wins in the future.
Also, as much as it probably should be, I don’t think it’s a career ended for her. The fact that Amber Riley has come forward and said she wasn’t racist just awful has probably saved her as it stops her being completely unhirable. It does mean she’s gonna have to give up on being Elphaba in the wicked movie though lolJune 6, 2020 at 12:24 am #1203518741
As a big Will and Grace fan I was surprised by how much I totally didn’t see why Leslie Jordan would get nominated. Then Charlie pointed it out and I was like oh yeahhhh.June 5, 2020 at 2:24 pm #1203518021
Yup. Narratives are totally irrelevant here.June 5, 2020 at 12:17 am #1203517059
No it is notJune 4, 2020 at 3:08 pm #1203516493
I think best case scenario for The Politician is that it gets mostly positive reviews this time around. We shouldn’t fool ourselves that just because the critics really liked “Vienna” that the next season is going to be right up their alley.June 4, 2020 at 9:09 am #1203516118
I feel as though people are automatically predicting O’Connor and Helena because they’re the most recognisable names in their categories (save for Skarsgard whose show aired over a year ago).
Or they are predicting them because they have dynamite submissions available which is what the voting system favors…June 4, 2020 at 7:40 am #1203515993
I don’t think I’ll ever stop predicting Giri/Haji but it really wouldn’t shock me if The Crown finally wins this year. They’ve never had an episode as patently emotive as “Aberfan” which I honestly believe is what stopped them winning in previous years when the show was the frontrunner.June 4, 2020 at 7:07 am #1203515922
It doesnt seem like anybody on this forum believes she’s winning though? (except me but I’m a stan lol)
I don’t believe she can win but I’d also say to take the apparent consensuses in these forums with a pinch of salt. Almost no one here is as objective as they claim to be.June 4, 2020 at 12:41 am #1203515603
I actually think my favourite nom of the day is The Greatest Dancer. Just love that joyous show.
Was Succession eligible in other craft categories as well? And aren’t International programmes ineligible to compete outside of that category?
I’m fairly sure all programmes are eligible in the craft categories – that’s how it got its Writing nod and how Game of Thrones used to get into a bunch of techs (it even got Costume Design this year)June 4, 2020 at 12:31 am #1203515589
Gut reaction predictions:
Elizabeth is Missing
Stephen Graham, The Virtues
Glenda Jackson, Elizabeth is Missing
Joe Abolsom, A Confession
Helena Bonham Carter, The Crown
MALE PERFORMANCE IN A COMEDY PROGRAMME
Jamie Demetriou, Stath Lets Flats
FEMALE PERFORMANCE IN A COMEDY PROGRAMME
Gbemisola Ikumelo, Famalam
When They See UsJune 4, 2020 at 12:10 am #1203515562
Things I’m noticing about Comedy:
– They definitely decided to spread the wealth due to so much competition
– Brassic settles for a writing nom as does surprise inclusion Plebs
– Fleabag gets a mighty six nominations but still misses Andrew Scott. Given its popularity I imagine he made it to the final six but got knocked out by panels due to showier submissions.
– Sex Education gets a solid four, missing Gillian Anderson (called it) and Series.
– After Life joyfully shut out
– Stath Lets Flats gets Series, Actor and Writing, actually improving on last year
– Derry Girls gets Series only
– This Way Up gets Breakthrough talent for Aisling Bea but otherwise nothing
– Frayed and Famalam both get Actress noms but nothing else. Watch out for both.
– Nothing for Mum or Back to Life
Really shocked by this I thought it was raved in the UK?
Normal People wasnt eligible?
It was but not hugely watched.
Eligibility is the 2019 calendar year.June 4, 2020 at 12:03 am #1203515551
We all definitely went too mainstream with our predictions.
Things I’m noticing about Dramas:
– Chernobyl leads as expected. I am surprised Stellan Skarsgard was able to make the final six. Suggests that showy performances from Stephen Graham and Russell Tovey did not make it to the panels.
– The Crown is second but 3 down on last time. It gets two actors in though who could both be very competitive for the win with their tapes.
– Line of Duty and Gavin and Stacey settle for Must See Moment only
– The Capture misses Drama Series. Gets a sole nod for Callum Turner
– His Dark Materials gets five nods but all are crafts
– Elizabeth is Missing is apparently a Single Drama?
– A Confession comes through with two surprise noms, including Mini Series where The Victim gets its sole nod
– Giri/Haji is a Drama even though there’s been no indication of it returning.
– Top Boy gets four nods but not for its most acclaimed components
– I Am gets Leading Actress but not the surely more easy Single Drama nod
– Gentleman Jack performs as expected at the main ceremony but is shutout of crafts
– The Virtues does well but misses for Niamh Algar who seemed locked.
– End of the F***ing World is for some reason beloved?