Forum Replies Created
August 16, 2018 at 1:08 am #1202610354
Oops. I always forget Julia Roberts was nominated for August. Sigh…yes, I think that is “category fraud” as well. But I’m still glad she was nominated that year. I’m glad that the movie got a couple nods. It’s underrated IMO.
For some reason, O’Neal’s placement doesn’t bother me as much as Hutton’s. But, whatevs, great performances by the actors, and they got trophies for them so ees OK.August 15, 2018 at 2:05 am #1202609681
I haven’t seen Paper Moon in 15 years, but I remember Tatum O’Neal having a lot of screen time. She pretty much co-leads with her father.
Timothy Hutton is definitely category fraud IMO. The whole movie is about him. And he has the most screen time. If Hutton had competed in Lead Actor, and everyone else in Supporting, then I think both he and Sutherland would have been nominated in their respective categories, and maybe Mary Tyler Moore would have won. It’s still nice he has an Oscar, because it’s a great performance nonetheless.
What Julia Roberts movie are you referring to? Steel Magnolias? That’s controversial? Shelby’s a big category, but I always felt it was a true ensemble, with, maybe, Sally Fields being the lone “leading actress.”April 13, 2018 at 3:59 pm #1202529286
I’m happy they posted these, but I don’t love the reels:
1. Verne Watson – fireworks in the beginning, end shows some range. She won’t win, but, well, whatever
2. Morgan Fairchild
3. Ryan Ashton
4. John Enos
5. Robb DerringerApril 11, 2018 at 6:05 pm #1202528200
I’m like Issa Rae. I’m rooting for everybody black lol
1. James Reynolds – best put together reel out of all the nominees in every other category. It literally told a full story with a beginning middle and end
2. Michael Easton – first scene was fire
3. John McCook – only other acceptable winner
4. Billy Miller
5. Peter BergmanApril 11, 2018 at 4:58 pm #1202528175
1. Marci Miller – It was electrifying. It was different. I definitely think she should win, but I’m guessing her age and “newness” is the big roadblock.
2. Nancy Lee Grahn
3. Eileen Davidson – Sidenote: The reel she won with a few years ago still remains my favorite overall reel since I started watching them (year before).
4. Maura West – i don’t like long reels :\
5. Laura WrightApril 10, 2018 at 6:30 pm #1202527582
1. Mishael Morgan – [shrug emoji]
2. Marla Adams
3. Elizabeth Hendrickson – nice mixture of light and dark moments
4. Camryn Grimes
5. Jacqueline MacInnes Wood
6. Susan Seaforth HayesApril 10, 2018 at 5:14 pm #1202527568
This is a toughie…
1. Greg Vaughan – “We made love last night…We made love this morning.”
2. Wally Kurth
3. Chandler Massey – very good selection of scenes tho
4. Anthony Montgomery
5. Greg Rikaart
April 4, 2018 at 7:00 pm #1202524336
- This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by GoMe91.
1. Rome Flynn – convincing acting
2. Casey Moss – great storyline
3. Hudson West – cutie patootey
4. Lucas Adams
5. Tristan Lake LeabuApril 4, 2018 at 6:50 pm #1202524330
1. Reign Edwards – perfect as always
2. Chloe Lanier – liked her last year, like her this year too
3. Olivia Rose Keegan – lol @ the scenes being out of order
4. Hayley Erin
5. Cait Fairbanks – overshadowed by Grimes, snsMarch 21, 2018 at 6:23 pm #1202517318
I think when it comes to streaming shows (and children’s shows??), producers have a choice. They can either submit in Primetime or Daytime. So, yeah, Netflix and Amazon are playing both fields expertly. Anyway, I’m happy Raven-Symone got a nomination.
As for the main categories that most people on this form care about, this looks like a great list. Happy for Casey Moss and Camryn Grimes. I hope they release the reels this year (incl. for guest performer because they didn’t do that last year fsr).
July 26, 2017 at 8:03 pm #1202166168
- This reply was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by GoMe91.
Oh my god. Pamela Adlon chose the PERFECT episode. That final scene with her daughter is great. She won’t win but……………she’s fighting anyway
(not that episodes matter anymore)April 21, 2017 at 8:27 pm #1202073175
Interesting group of nominees. Like every other category this year, all the reels have their strong points.
1. Billy Flynn (Days) – I’ll put him first. I was pleasantly surprised by how affected I was by his performance. He’d get my vote.
2. Peter Bergman (Y&R) – If both he and Tognoni won, that’d be great. Their scenes are fire.
3. Kristoff St. John (Y&R)
4. Scott Clifton (BB)
5. Vincent Irizarry (Days)
Favorite Reel: Again, Peter Bergman and Tognoni’s scenes are fire. And, actually, watching Peter Bergman’s reel made me appreciate Tognoni’s performance even more (although, I already ranked her 2nd in the Lead Actress category, so I’ve thought she was great all along).
Who Will Win?: Hm…I think voters slept through most of St. John’s reel, so I think I’ll predict Billy Flynn, even though he is young.April 19, 2017 at 7:37 pm #1202071317
Of course this is the category that’ll get the most attention. All 5 reels are stellar. But……I’d still be a little disappointed if Wright or Walton wins. Just a little.
1. Heather Tom (BB) – Welcome back, gurl!
2. Gina Tognoni (YR) – really, it was the court scene. But, enough for her to be ranked second in a strong set.
3. Nancy Lee Grahn (GH)
4. Laura Wright (GH)
5. Jess Walton (YR)
Favorite Reel: Heather Tom – I guess I liked it for the reasons some people here seem to not. It just seemed like a continuation of her earlier reels. And that works for me.
Who Will Win?: No freakin’ idea! Right now, I’m leaning towards Wright winning, but her reel might actually be too long. I gotta think about this. But as I am writing this post, I’m predicting Laura Wright. Dead son. Grieving mother. Seems baity too me.April 17, 2017 at 6:08 pm #1202069136
1. Jeffrey Vincent Parise (GH)
2. Chad Duell (GH)
3. Steve Burton (YR)
4. James Reynolds (Days)
5. John Aniston (Days) – Like, it’s cute that he got a nomination after decades of work but, c’mon, like really? No.
Favorite Reel: James Reynolds…i guess. I didn’t really understand what was going in Parise’s reel, but he was mesmerizing nonetheless.
Who Will Win?: Chad Duell (It’s between him and Burton, but I think Duell has the edge)April 15, 2017 at 12:12 pm #1202067311
This is a toughie. Anyone from my top 3 could win I’d be satisfied, but my number 4 and 5 pick are great as well tbh imo…
1. Anna Maria Horsford (BB) – I hope she wins, if only just to match Obba Babatunde’s from last year. Regardless of that, she’s wonderful, and I’ve always liked her acting on the show.
2. Kate Mansi (Days)
3. Stacy Haiduk (YR)
4. Finola Hughes (GH)
5. Kelly Sullivan (YR) – You have 4 episodes and 20 minutes. Why are you doing this?
Favorite Reel: Anna Maria Horsford
Who Will Win: Kate Mansi (Days) – I kinda think if Babatunde couldn’t a get nomination, Horsford probably only barely got in. So I’m gonna predict Mansi here. If anything, like most of the wins last year, it’ll be a “goodbye” present.