Forum Replies Created
May 30, 2020 at 12:40 pm #1203509216
Sunset BLVD, hands down.May 30, 2020 at 12:24 pm #1203509188
Not in any sort of order:
Gloria Swanson as Norma Desmond in Sunset BLVD
Viggo Mortensen as Aragorn in The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King
Olivia Colman as Queen Anne in The Favourite
Viola Davis as Aibileen Clark in The Help
Lupita Nyong’o as Adelaide Wilson/Red in Us
Toni Colette as Annie Graham in Hereditary
Sean Astin as Samwise Gamgee in The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King
Anthony Hopkins as Dr. Hannibal Lecter in Silence of the Lambs
Judy Garland as Dorothy Gale in The Wizard of Oz
Katharine Hepburn as Eleanor of Aquitaine in The Lion in WinterMay 19, 2020 at 12:32 am #1203489365
Superman was absolutely snubbed in reality so I’m 100% fine with this.May 19, 2020 at 12:30 am #1203489361
I Know This Much is True is more in danger of being this year’s The Tale as a downer that people do not feel like watching.
On a related note, am I the only one who wishes HBO would stop buying Oscar-worthy films and then wasting them on the Emmys?
The Tale and Bad Education would’ve both been solid Oscar pushes, maybe even winners (especially for Jackman and Dern), but the TV Academy has spent the past couple years actively ignoring TV movies outside of their own category.May 5, 2020 at 10:43 am #1203464871
I wouldn’t bet on Fern getting nominated, but it just screams Adina Porter in Cult. An empty category where they get a makeup nom for that they deserved for their 1st season on the show. He was competing in drama lead actor for his Apocalypse though so it’s not really a straight apples to apples comparison though.
^ this.May 4, 2020 at 9:14 pm #1203463710
Sweet merciful Satan does Hollywood suck. I’m almost offended at how boring it is.
Anyway, here’s the current predictions.
- Mrs. America
- The Plot Against America
- Little Fires Everywhere
- Bad Education
- El Camino
- American Son
- Troop Zero (fuck you, I’m predicting it because I liked it)
- Cate Blanchett, Mrs. America
- Regina King, Watchmen
- Merritt Wever, Unbelieveable
- Reese Witherspoon, Little Fires Everywhere
- Kaitlyn Dever, Unbelieveable
- Kerry Washington, Little Fires Everywhere
- Hugh Jackman, Bad Education
- Mark Ruffalo, I Know This Much is True
- Russell Crowe, The Loudest Voice
- Jeremy Irons, Watchmen
- Andre Holland, The Eddy
- Andrew Scott, Smithereens
- Toni Colette, Unbelievable
- Jean Smart, Watchmen
- Rose Byrne, Mrs. America
- Uzo Aduba, Mrs. America
- Tracey Ullman, Mrs. America
- Margo Martindale, Mrs. America
May 1, 2020 at 5:45 pm #1203458022
- Tim Blake Nelson, Watchmen
- John Slattery, Mrs. America
- John Turturro, The Plot Against America
- Don Johnson, Watchmen
- Cody Fern, American Horror Story: 1984
- Jim Parsons, Hollywood
I’d give him all his current nominations, plus ones for Ford v Ferrari, American Psycho, and The Machinist, but no wins yet. He, for me, has yet to be the best in his category.May 1, 2020 at 4:48 pm #1203457983
I’m legit excited for this. I loveeee Hercules.
Hercules: Tom Holland, Vincent Rodriguez III, Dacre Montgomery, or an unknown*
Meg: Emma Stone, Hailee Steinfeld, Zendaya, or another unknown*.
Phil: Danny DeVito or Larry David.
Hades: Ted Danson, Bill Hader, Eddie Murphy, John Mulaney, or, hear me out, Adam Sandler.
Zeus: JK Simmons, Bruce Campbell, Laurence Fishburne, Arnold Schwarzenegger, or Ken Wantanabe.
Hera: Michelle Yeoh, Kathryn Hahn, Viola Davis, or Catherine O’Hara.
Pain and Panic: Kate McKinnon and Kenan Thompson. No further questions.
The Muses: Lizzo, Jennifer Holliday, Amber Riley, Beyonce, Missy Elliott. Once more, no further questions.
The Fates: Cloris Leachman, Betty White, and Glenn Close.May 1, 2020 at 4:31 pm #1203457969
Apparently no other filmmaker works as hard as Him to resurrect the cinema business. Since the Oscars are nothing but politics- does it mean his chances for finally winning an Oscar are actually real for once?
I think if Tenet does even acceptably, the notion of Nolan as savior of cinema (which is not entirely undeserved) could carry him to Best Director or even Picture.May 1, 2020 at 9:29 am #1203457225
I think Watchmen takes Series, Supporting Actor (Tim Blake Nelson), Directing, and Writing.
Blanchett wins Actress easily. Jackman wins Actor and Bad Education wins TV Movie.
Colette wins Supporting Actress.
Hollywood gets nominated for Parsons and Pope and we all promptly forget it.
Devs gets a few below-the-line nods, plus one for Directing.April 30, 2020 at 5:23 pm #1203456346
Current thoughts, mixed in with some wild dreams.
- The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
- Schitt’s Creek
- The Good Place
- Dead to Me
- Curb Your Enthusiasm
- The Kominsky Method
- Catherine O’Hara, Schitt’s Creek
- Rachel Brosnahan, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
- Christina Applegate, Dead to Me
- Merritt Wever, Run
- Linda Cardellini, Dead to Me
- Kristen Bell, The Good Place
- Ted Danson, The Good Place
- Eugene Levy, Schitt’s Creek
- Ramy Youssef, Ramy
- Domnhall Gleeson, Run
- Michael Douglas, The Kominsky Method
- Larry David, Curb Your Enthusiasm
- D’Arcy Carden, The Good Place
- Kate McKinnon, SNL
- Annie Murphy, Schitt’s Creek
- Alex Borstein, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
- Jane Lynch, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
- Marin Hinkle, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
- Alan Arkin, The Kominsky Method
- Kenan Thompson, SNL
- Dan Levy, Schitt’s Creek
- Tony Shalhoub, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
- Sterling K Brown, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
- William Jackson Harper, The Good Place