Forum Replies Created
October 2, 2020 at 10:25 am #1203752994
Wait, who confirmed these submissions? Last year dear Natalie did, this year her too?
I don’t believe Fiona only submitted her album to the rock/alternative genre and not her songs.August 21, 2020 at 1:57 pm #1203659244
Nas dropped a great album named King’s Disease, i hope it gets some recognition from Grammy’s but it’s unlikely.August 4, 2020 at 12:21 am #1203625575
Harry in the Top 3 is a joke. The Top 3 are The Weeknd, Taylor, and Post, and Fiona’s ahead of Harry too. I still think he’s getting snubbed.
I think Fiona got more chance than Post. Post is popular and all but he lacks respect from Grammy voters. Nominated a lot but never won, Fiona at the other hand she only won once but she got a lot of respect from the industry.July 30, 2020 at 6:45 pm #1203617107
The Roots is one of my favorite groups of all time. Rest in Peace Malik B.July 30, 2020 at 6:09 pm #1203616940
I’m interested to see the speeches given at the Grammys. First off, no one can not have a reason to not show up this year since it will probably won’t be at the staples center and with a live feed. But yeah I’m interested to see the awards they are going to give out. Here’s who I think it is. AOTY: Taylor/Abel ROTY: Abel SOTY: Abel BNA: Megan thee Stallion (Doja Cat second) Pop Vocal: Taylor Swift Prog. R&B Album: The Weeknd Rap Album: Roddy Ricch Country Album: The Chicks Alternative Album: Fiona Apple
I wanna see AOTY goes to Fiona just for another iconic and controversial speech.July 30, 2020 at 5:56 pm #1203616918
Redbone was coming out of nowhere and snatched a slot. He won ROTY/SOTY, sounds like Grammy darling for me. RTJ latest album definitely better but their Grammy history surely bad.
Redbone was a top 20 hit and This is America was culturally relevant but this album really came and went with nothing, no sleeper hits or widespread acclaim like Fetch the Bolt Cutters or RTJ4.July 30, 2020 at 5:38 pm #1203616875
Album of the Year :
- The Weeknd – “After Hours”
- Fiona Apple – “Fetch the Bolt Cutters”
- Taylor Swift – “folklore”
- Dua Lipa – “Future Nostalgia”
- The Chicks – “Gaslighter”
- Childish Gambino – “3.15.20”
- Tame Impala – “The Slow Rush”
- FKA twigs – “MAGDALENE”
I said what I said. People hate to see it.
Gambino? Really? That album came and went. Put some RTJ instead of it, at least it’s culturally relevant.July 30, 2020 at 3:39 pm #1203616490
I think the Blue Ribbon Pannel will block Taylor for AOTY to avoid a possible 3rd win, and another white girl winning for the 3rd year in a row. The weeknd is my frontrunner, his era has been awesome and cohesive, and Blinding Lights is a smash, Taylor will get her due in the GF in SOTY and ROTY, in order to make her attend, as they tried last year
I doubt he sweeps the GF. He can win ROTY and SOTY with Blinding Lights and lose AOTY to someone else.July 30, 2020 at 3:07 pm #1203616394
Is Bruno Mars white? He was actually an R&B contender that year. They even snubbed the white mega-seller Ed Sheeran.
He wasn’t black either. SZA was a better R&B contender but they snubbed her too. They blocked Ed Sheeran because they’re scared of the backlash of another Adele vs Beyonce situation. But they tried to make Bruno’s album is like it’s the second coming of Thriller lol.July 30, 2020 at 3:00 pm #1203616353
It’s not like someone doesnt win a Gramny because they are black, maybe a white artist was just more undeniable that year. Billie was bigger than Lizzo in every single way, same with Adele and Taylor. They were just undeniable. When a black-artist gets a Diamond-album he will win an AOTY too. Dont forget how a black rap artist Childish Gambino beat one of the baitest songs ever. They are not racist.
Kendrick was undeniable in 2017. Album sales + rave critical acclaim + #1 single. Yet he lost to Bruno Mars.July 30, 2020 at 1:13 am #1203614513
In their own genres, the albums are pretty equal.
Hmmm, no. 1989 is a solid pop album but To Pimp a Butterfly is iconic, beginning to end. Probably biggest contender for best album of 2010’s. It hasn’t sold as 1989 but it’s more relevant and timeless than ever.July 28, 2020 at 10:25 pm #1203611358
I see it more ROTY and AOTY to Abel and SOTY to Taylor or ROTY and SOTY to Abel and AOTY to Taylor
I think ROTY and SOTY to Weeknd and AOTY to someone else because Blinding Lights is a Grammy-baity song with 80’s inspired much alike Bruno Mars songs and Daft Punk’s Get Lucky. AOTY can go to Fiona, Taylor or even RTJ since their album is timely perfect.July 28, 2020 at 9:22 pm #1203611241
1) Reviews don’t matter. 2) He has sold more album units than Dua and Gaga, and Taylor (so far, I’m sure she’ll catch up). 3) He’s probably having a bigger era than Folklore since he has two smash hits, given that Folklore is not a single’s album. So really he’s onlt behind Post Malone, who technically only had 2 pop hits since the other were more rap songs, and only one of those is less than a year old. 4) Post Malone, not Taylor Swift, has the most commercially succesful album, and her acclaim is (based on score) basically the same as Dua Lipa’s. 5) IDK if saying Taylor Swift is “loved by the Grammy’s” is accurate given that she got 1 nom for the whole reputation era and has not won a Grammy since 1989. She’s liked, but she has fallen out of grace since she dropped LWYMMD. Y’all need to calm down with these bold claims like Taylor Swift is going to sweep the Grammys. She’s definitely a frontrunner for Pop Vocal but Post Malone and especially Harry Styles are very, very strong contenders. They also benefit from having multiple hits in a category that usually goes to albums with multiple hits, something Folklore lacks.
Styles has a handicap like this, he come from a boyband that never taken seriously by Grammys. His solo album is successful but not as Justin Timberlake when he made Justified album. That maybe can have bias on voters so i’m not big on that guy to be a big contender.
I find it funny how Say So started plummetting after that awful remix.
Doja Cat’s own scandal helped that also Megan the Stallion is a victim of shooting right now, that can help giving her the edge over Doja Cat.